View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2013, 09:22 PM
You know, like us all, you can only do your best and those tough decisions are always heartbreaking to make because we simply don't have a crystal ball.

I'm hoping and praying that your tears turn to smiles tomorrow when those path results come in - both you and your girlie deserve that so much xx
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2013, 09:28 PM
I think we all doubt ourselves when we have these big decisions to make for the pets we love - but we do what we believe to be in their best interests and really we can't do any more than that. You are giving Roxy the best chance of recovery from the tumour - I pray that the results tomorrow are positive ones for you. You are very much in my thoughts.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2013, 10:37 PM
I can totally understand how you are feeling, and you are probably at a very low ebb tonight with missing Roxy and worrying about her at the vets.

The trouble is, if you had not gone ahead with this surgery then you would have always wondered if you didn't try hard enough with her. It can be a no win situation really, but try to stay strong for when she comes home and I really hope that there is some good news tomorrow.

Remember that you are feeling far worse than she is tonight........she will be in a state of dreaming of rabbits and bones no doubt, tucked up on a cosy vetbed.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2013, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I can totally understand how you are feeling, and you are probably at a very low ebb tonight with missing Roxy and worrying about her at the vets.

The trouble is, if you had not gone ahead with this surgery then you would have always wondered if you didn't try hard enough with her. It can be a no win situation really, but try to stay strong for when she comes home and I really hope that there is some good news tomorrow.

Remember that you are feeling far worse than she is tonight........she will be in a state of dreaming of rabbits and bones no doubt, tucked up on a cosy vetbed.

I totally agree with all Bitkin has said. You wouldn't have forgiven yourself if you hadn't tried.
I hope the results are favourable and i have everything crossed here for both you and her. (((hugs)))
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Have everything crossed that those path results come back and make you happy today xxxxxxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Your beloved Roxy was, as usual, in my prayers last night, and I can do no more but keep sending {{{vibes}}} for her and (((hugs))) for you - and love, thoughts and prayers for you both.

Malka xxx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

20-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Aw Nicola you did the right thing - giving Roxy the chance of an easier life without tumours. Roxy knows that an understands and will make a good recovery.

Thinking of you both - and you are a great mummy to her. Roxy knows you love her.

Chin up and hugs to you and cuddles to Roxy xx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and healing vibes for Roxy, they are much appreciated and hopefully will work their way to her.

I realise I may have been a bit hasty last night when I thought I'd done the wrong thing and was beginning to doubt myself. It was just emotion, anxiety and tiredness talking, I think. I wasn't talking or thinking very rationally.

She's otherwise excellent for her age and I have to give her a chance as I wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't. If it happens again in a years time though, I'll be considering other non-surgical options to try and 'manage' it rather than cure, but surgery was the right thing to do this time.

I gues you can only do what you believe is right at the time for your dog. I'll only ever to what's best for her and thats what I did this time. She deserves another chance to fight it again.

I just want her home now and on the road to recovery, although I can't see her being discharged today. I was meant to get a call at 3pm today but her surgeon has been held up in surgery and will call me back as soon as he's out.

Thanks again for all the support - it is appreciated.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Update on Roxy...

Vet just phoned. Roxy is ok in herself and been for a wee walk. It was quite a big surgery and quite deep he said, plus the skin graft, so there's a discharge from the wound at the moment but he said he's not worried and is happy with her at the moment. He'll see how things are tomorrow before he decides she's ready to go home, it could be Friday.

My granpa was wrong - pathology results are NOT back today - honestly, no wonder I make sure I go myself as well - it'll be a couple of days for them to come through.
I didn't give them enough food for her as I didn't expect her to be in as long as this, but they said they have plenty and she'll be fine.

I just want her home. I've never felt as worried, anxious and tired as I do at the moment. It's horrible. I feel SO sorry for Roxy.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Hopefully you will be able to bring Roxy home tomorrow. Its amazing how quick they bounce back from big ops and think back to how well she healed last time
Page 6 of 16 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »