Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 03:59 PM

Where do you keep your prizes?

So Louie and Sadie have won their first official ribbons and I have no where to put them - they don't go with my dining room decor otherwise I'd put them next to their pictures.. and OH says I can't have them on the wall - even though he has a whole entire room to himself (man room - for his airsofting gear - tiny spare room) so the next best thing would be a nice box - where do you put yours?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 05:14 PM
at the minute mine are in a draw. but im going to get some of those cork notice boards, and put them all on there. one for each dog.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 05:16 PM
I haven't won any but perhaps you could put them on a pinboard with some nice backing paper on it and put that on a wall?

ETA - x-clo-x beat me to that!!!
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 05:55 PM
I put mine on the dog guard in the car
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
at the minute mine are in a draw. but im going to get some of those cork notice boards, and put them all on there. one for each dog.
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
I haven't won any but perhaps you could put them on a pinboard with some nice backing paper on it and put that on a wall?

ETA - x-clo-x beat me to that!!!
A cork board for 2 ribbons? it seems a bit excessive - then again we've only just started going to novelty shows so I suppose if Louie wins anything next week at our next show up the road, then I might think more about this..

Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
I put mine on the dog guard in the car
I bet you get a lot of admirers peeking in your boot then dogs don't go in our boot - OH is scared they'll get killed/injured if anything rear ends us and I don't drive..
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I bet you get a lot of admirers peeking in your boot then dogs don't go in our boot - OH is scared they'll get killed/injured if anything rear ends us and I don't drive..
Weirdly enough, it's mainly children that ask about them (but saying that most kids like the dogs round here )

Yeah, I can see your OHs view on that.

Do they have crates? You could maybe put them on there if you have them.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 06:51 PM
I have a pin board as does Jess - but only pin one year at a time - otherwise we would run out of space but the special rosettes are in a cabinet with any trophies.

We keep all our rosettes and prize cards though
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
So Louie and Sadie have won their first official ribbons and I have no where to put them - they don't go with my dining room decor otherwise I'd put them next to their pictures.. and OH says I can't have them on the wall - even though he has a whole entire room to himself (man room - for his airsofting gear - tiny spare room) so the next best thing would be a nice box - where do you put yours?

I send all my rosettes to PAT every year so they can recycle them. I keep the red ones/firsts for a couple of years. I never keep prize cards. The only things I keep are the outright trophies.

The ones that have to be given back every year are engraved and put straight back in to the box to save me cleaning them before I return them.

I hate housework and rosettes collect dust...............
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 10:10 PM
I had this problem as Parker had quite a lot for shows and obedience. I bought a patchwork wall hanging and stitched them on it and have it hanging on the wall. I will have to take a picture of it to put on here as it looks really nice and people comment on it when they visit our house.

It wasn't very expensive to buy the wall hanging-about £20 I think but it did take a long while to stitch all the rosettes on.

I will be buying another one soon as I have about 100 more rosettes stuck in a box in our study.

I would like to give them away like SB does but I am too attached to them as they all have memories of a great day out-especially the "Best in show" ones as there's nothing quite like doing the "lap of honour" round the ring with your dog when the judge gives you this award even though we just go to local shows.
weevle21
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-08-2011, 09:29 AM
We have a cupboard in the front room that used to house the boiler and they are bluetacked up on those doors for all to see
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >