Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2010, 02:41 PM

Hair dryers

Hey guys,

I've just bathed Louie after he rolled in some very discoloured and smelly snow
I thought since it's cold I'll dry him with the crappy dryer we have - a low heat setting and makes a low noise, and isn't too bad when I do Sadie with it. And since Louie has gundog fur and it seems to retain a lot of water - it is impossible to towel dry him totally.

Nah - not gunna happen - he ran - wouldnt take cheese or do anything and fell out with me for a good half hour

He's now cuddled up to me on a big fluffy towel and is asleep - but I'll have to wait to take him out now.

But any tips on getting him used to teh hairdryer - he's good with the hoover and the noise and will happily play with his toys and eat when I'm drying my hair so any tips?
GeorgiesMum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Chester is the same with the hair dryer. I put two towels on the carpet for him to roll on and then use the dryer on him but don't keep it in any one place for too long - even on a low heat setting it seems to heat up his fur and make him feel really hot, almost burning him. That may be what he doesn't like? Chester likes to make a game of being dried and will also try to hide under one of the towels.

Good luck with yours.
GeorgiesMum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-12-2010, 06:37 AM
Too funny! I bathed Georgie last night as she skipped her last grooming and when I was drying her with the hair dryer (she loves it) Chester was rubbing his face on the towel and rolling around like he was wet too. I had to "dry" him off at the same time as I was doing Georgie. This from a dog who has to make a big production of being dried off. He made me chuckle.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by GeorgiesMum View Post
Too funny! I bathed Georgie last night as she skipped her last grooming and when I was drying her with the hair dryer (she loves it) Chester was rubbing his face on the towel and rolling around like he was wet too. I had to "dry" him off at the same time as I was doing Georgie. This from a dog who has to make a big production of being dried off. He made me chuckle.
LOL

Well I think it's more the noise and feel because the low heat setting is rubbish - it wouldnt even melt ice cream - believe me I tried but his coat is double thick being springer x lab so it's a nightmare to dry. Guess it's just towels then