Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 09:42 PM

Dry food recommendations please

My Dad's dog is fed Bakers and they have started to feed Misty it, because her bag of working dog food has run out, and I don't where to get it, as the bosses buy it for us from somewhere in Scotland. I don't want Misty eating that rubbish, and they wonder why it gives her the runs. (They've had to buy a plain dry food, couldn't tell you what it is, to mix with the Bakers for her).

After discovering that is not a good food at all, I've managed to get my step mother to look around at different dog foods, to see if we can find one that Scamp likes, that is better for him.

I have no idea where to begin, but really want to find a suitable food for him (and I want Misty to be eating a good food while she is there!! ) I am going to research each food, email my step mum and then when I am next down Dads (Soon!) we are going to go and look at what is avaliable in various pet shops in Southampton.

My stepmum did suggest putting Scamp on a working dog food, as he ate Misty's okay once, but not sure if working dog food will be any good for him.

Thanks in advance.
Harley & Me
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Have you thought of CSJ? Its great dry dog food and suitable for all dogs, their are lots of options and they are well priced as well. You can even buy direct online and get them delivered, that would mean your dad doesn't have to go out locally to buy them either so less hassle .

Harley is on CSJ and I couldn't recommend it highly enough, its really good for him and its the best food he has ever had. He looks great and we don't plan to change ever again, even our new pup next year will be on CSJ.

Harley currently has Adult Champ and Herbie Rings, we alternate what he has on what days and I think if he could speak he would say Herbie Rings were his favourite.

Hope this helps and if you want to talk further just shout .
Indie85
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2010, 05:41 PM
There's lots of good dog foods about. Ideally you want to look for something 'hypo allergenic'

I feed James Wellbeloved which is readily available at most pet shops. Burns is also a good food, but a little harder to get hold of.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Skinners do a wide range of dry dog food which I have heard many people feed their dogs on and do well.

Wainrights (bought from PAH) I have too also heard good things about.

CJS as suggested may be good too. Or Autarky are worth looking into.

Not tried these myself as are dogs were fed on raw/natured diet.
JIMMY LAW
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-11-2010, 05:51 PM
I give my dogs Burns its not the cheapest by some distant, but its got one of the best write ups and i think they deliver for free aswell(dont hold me on that).The Burns website is worth looking at and if you email any questions you have, they get back to you quickly.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 06:26 PM
...... fish4dogs
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Barking Heads is a good quality, small independant produced kibble and Pero organic is also very good quality ingredients.
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2010, 08:57 PM
I highly recommend CSJ it can be ordered aswell. I'm using Natural Herbie Rings at £14.50 per 15kg. I'm also adding the salamon oil to their food. I change to Dr johns platinium for a few weeks and they started pooing loads and their coats went duller. I'm now sticking with CSJ.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 09:01 PM
CSJ for us too...
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 09:03 PM
I changed Ozzy on to Orijen a few months ago and I highly recommend it

You can order it online and the ingredients are very natural
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >