Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 09:40 PM

swollen face

we had to take mishka to the emergency vets tonight as her face had lumps on it & a swelling. vet listened to her heart & checked her over , she has lumps on here legs too. vet gave her a injection & said he thinks she was bitten by something He also said that if this happens again we are to take her to see a vet straight away, she saw this vet within an hour of me noticing it so pretty quick, he said if not treated quick a animal could go into ANAPHALACTIC SHOCK, maybe not spelt right, but very serious apparently. so we to check her gums & inside her lip for any paleness & take her back if we see any paleness in that area.
Blackbranmunste
New Member!
Female 

09-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Hi, My little boy bran had exactly the same problem about 2 years ago. He started growing lumps before our eyes which were big and very frightening (his little nose looked like a beak). He had eaten a bulb of some sort out of the garden (crocus I think) which he had a bad reaction to. The vet gave him an injection and by the next day he was back to normal with no side effects apart from runny poo which soon cleared up. Hope everything is ok for you in no time. x
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

09-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Anaphalactic shock is a very severe allergic reaction, the sort of thing that people get if they are allergic to certain foods - eg, nuts. , just keep a close eye on her and if you are the least bit worried don't delay in taking her back.

I hope all goes well for you, do let us know how she goes on, and if you find the cause ot it Kath
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Thanx blackbranmunste , yes her face around muzzle & eyes seems to be getting more swollen even after the jab, poor mishka. very scarey it is too.
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 09:53 PM
will do kath.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Awww Rose, its not a week for Sibes is it Poor Mishka, lots of hugs and kisses from me, hope she gets well soon xxxxxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 11:46 PM
Hope things go okay during the night - I imagine you will be very worried.
xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 07:01 AM
Don't suppose you managed to get much sleep Rose. How is Mishka this morning honey ? xx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 07:48 AM
Oh that must have been frightening for you, hope Mishka is feeling better today, huge hugs to you both xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2006, 07:51 AM
Hope Mishka is feeling better today.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >