View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2010, 02:15 PM

1200 dogs euthanized... SICK, JUST SICK!!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40689181...th-pet_health/

I am in TEARS, I cannot believe this happened! THIS is the reason why dogs should NEVER be sold in pet stores!!! If they weren't, then Puppy Mills like this one, would never make enough money for it to be a viable living!!!

I am so angry right now, I feel like I'm going to explode!
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2010, 04:09 PM
this is just one sad story from many which are kept hidden. Its so sad to here about the tragic short lives of these thousands of poor puppies, but what about the disease spreading if these idiots were shipping them to pet stores left right and centre!? Unbelievable.
Now whats even sadder is to think that millions more puppies and dogs out there are living in these conditions -and in countries which are developed like US and even UK.

Its wrong, but as long as people keep buying the cute puppies from pet stores or dodgy breeders... The longer this will continue.

Poor little puppies, may you now be in peace running around rainbow bridge where humans can no longer hurt you
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by twilightwolf View Post
Poor little puppies, may you now be in peace running around rainbow bridge where humans can no longer hurt you
Well said.

I find it difficult to open links like this, it makes me so angry and a feeling of hopelessness overcomes me.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by twilightwolf View Post
this is just one sad story from many which are kept hidden. Its so sad to here about the tragic short lives of these thousands of poor puppies, but what about the disease spreading if these idiots were shipping them to pet stores left right and centre!? Unbelievable.
Now whats even sadder is to think that millions more puppies and dogs out there are living in these conditions -and in countries which are developed like US and even UK.

Its wrong, but as long as people keep buying the cute puppies from pet stores or dodgy breeders... The longer this will continue.

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Well said.

I find it difficult to open links like this, it makes me so angry and a feeling of hopelessness overcomes me.
Me too, civilised? Think not
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Me too, civilised? Think not
What's worse, the stats on puppymills and euthanasia in shelters seem to be linked. Every year, 4-6 million dogs in North America are born in Puppy Mills... 4-5 million dogs are euthanized in shelters in North America every year... what does that tell you? For every dog born in a puppy Mill, one dies in a shelter, that's what the stats tell me... so heartbreaking!

Why should ONE person/kennel, be allowed to have 1200 dogs??? and what's worse, he had been investigated several times over the prev. few years! why wasn't something done when he failed inspections previously????

Those poor dogs who never got a chance! and the poor dogs who contract the nearly always fatal disease!
drewed
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40689181...th-pet_health/

I am in TEARS, I cannot believe this happened! THIS is the reason why dogs should NEVER be sold in pet stores!!! If they weren't, then Puppy Mills like this one, would never make enough money for it to be a viable living!!!

I am so angry right now, I feel like I'm going to explode!
Sad story
rubylover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-12-2010, 04:22 AM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
What's worse, the stats on puppymills and euthanasia in shelters seem to be linked. Every year, 4-6 million dogs in North America are born in Puppy Mills... 4-5 million dogs are euthanized in shelters in North America every year... what does that tell you? For every dog born in a puppy Mill, one dies in a shelter, that's what the stats tell me... so heartbreaking!
Not to take away from the point, but the number of ANIMALS that die in USA shelters is 3-4 million - cats mostly, and dogs make up less than half.

Farms and millers are producing far more than are killed in shelters yearly. People want pups, and the unscrupulous are happy to supply as there seems to be a lack of caring breeders.

http://www.nathanwinograd.com/?p=1390

http://yesbiscuit.wordpress.com/2010...er-is-failing/

Ruby
DogLover4Life
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2010, 05:16 AM
I did not read the story due to internet being slow and wont load it... BUT... I agree with all these posts.. I hate seeing the dogs put through such horrible living conditions, etc. I really sometimes want to put those people working at the puppy mills in a kennel and let them see what it is like to live that life. Though that would be crude to people.. I hate the way some people take on the responsibility of an animal then treat it like it's not worth anything or like it is not a living creature. A lot of my anger though is with plain animal abuse.. I guess that might fall under this category. depends on how others place it. :/ I just wish people could see more that these animals can feel just like we can and though they aren't human they still can hurt inside and have feelings of love, etc. I think it is amazing how some animals can go through complete neglect in a puppy mill or with an owner who doesn't care at all about them and get adopted by another and still have love for them.. if I was in that situation as a pet I would have gotten the thought that all people were bad... sadly some animals do get that way and they never get the chance to be loved because they won't trust any human which usually puts them in a situation of having to be put to sleep.. and the dogs that are raised in puppy mills or with unloving owners that don't get to be a normal dog because they aren't paid any attention to and end up dieing or the situation I stated above[being put to sleep] is what happens to them due to irresponsibility....those are the stories that really get to me.. wishing someone could have gotten there sooner to help the poor thing and gave it a loving home... sorry I typed so much just letting it out :/ Hope didn't mess up this posting area or the thoughts in this post...
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by rubylover View Post
Not to take away from the point, but the number of ANIMALS that die in USA shelters is 3-4 million - cats mostly, and dogs make up less than half.

Farms and millers are producing far more than are killed in shelters yearly. People want pups, and the unscrupulous are happy to supply as there seems to be a lack of caring breeders.

http://www.nathanwinograd.com/?p=1390

http://yesbiscuit.wordpress.com/2010...er-is-failing/

Ruby
I said 4-5 million dogs in North America, that includes Canada as well... but you're right, that stat may include cats too, but I was positive it was only dogs, I'll have to find the paper that I kept with the stats in it. It was in our local paper after a puppy mill was shut down in Edmonton a few years ago... the stat was quoted from Alberta Animal Services. I'm weird that way, i keep stuff about rescue dogs that I see in the paper.... tho I'm not sure I can find it, as I moved since then, and have no idea where it might be.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Well said.

Same here, there's just no way I could look at that link