View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

26-02-2010, 07:35 PM
So if I work via the internet for clients here in the UK, it's classed as working in Spain - so then I pay Spanish taxes? Guess it gets more complicated if you're a company director?
wolfdogowner
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
So if I work via the internet for clients here in the UK, it's classed as working in Spain - so then I pay Spanish taxes? Guess it gets more complicated if you're a company director?
Quite! But if you were to come back to the UK once a month to do the work then thats ok So long as you don't rent out your UK house and tell the agent you are going on along holiday (agents are obliged to inform and you need to fill out a non resident landlord declaration) or something. I know UK company directors who keep a car and address and drive back and forth often enough that it would be hard to know where they work or live
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2010, 08:00 AM
My mum is Spanish and moved back to Spain over 8 years ago

me and my two daughters are going to Spain for a holiday this year, Alicante, may meet up with my mum if she aint too busy
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I emailed one of the agents earlier and they said (for this particular house anyway) that you can get broadband to 3MB, soon to 5. That's slow compared with what I'm used to - but I'm sure I'd make do for a year or two
It's not so much the speed - you need to consider the availability - in very rural areas it can happen that the line goes down (Trees have a tendancy to fall down in high winds )

This is not a regular thing but just imagine if you were doing some work for a client and you couldn't complete the job because the line went down, worst case scenario is you could be liable for your clients loses Of course you can have satellite back up which I'm looking at now but it ain't cheap.

Just one of the many things to consider when living abroad in lovely quiet rural areas.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Azz have seen lots of houses similar to the ones you posted on TV 'escape to' programs, sorry but to me they look concrete and characterless and they can't compare with a stone cottage with mullioned windows set in a lush green valley . It's the UK for me any day.

This is more my style...

Or something a little more modest..
Pictures courtesy of Country Life Magazine.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Oh wow, they are beautiful Mini. Wish I could afford one. Ah well, I did my lottery today ...
Azz
Administrator
Male 

27-02-2010, 04:32 PM
They are lovely Mini... but about 5 times the cost plus you don't get the weather here.

If I chuck myself in the deep end, sweat my pants off for two years it may make me appreciate the colder weather here again
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3