Our sister sites
Our sister sites
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
They are beautiful Well sorry Dad is handsome Hope you get your cuddles soon
Thanks, gladly dad is very friendly so I am getting cuddles with him. But everytime I go near the girls even with treats you would have thought I'd opened the hutch with an axe in my hand!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
Thanks, I have been searching the local sancturies for a good while and although they do have them they weren't prepared to try and bond them, they all had to come as single pigs Or the other one wanted £35 per piggy I know they have overheads but even pedigree piggies don't cost that much! Such a shame to be governed on price but that would have cost more than the hutch!!!!

I think you should just move some in, who would notice a little piggy
thats such a shame. you'd think they would be more interested in finding them homes! were quite lucky. the sanctuary we got 2 of ours from like to rehome them in pairs or family groups and all they ask for is a small donation which i was happy to pay.
as for moving some in, i might give that a try. once they're here, he wouldnt send them away. he's just a big softie when it comes to animals!!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
thats such a shame. you'd think they would be more interested in finding them homes! were quite lucky. the sanctuary we got 2 of ours from like to rehome them in pairs or family groups and all they ask for is a small donation which i was happy to pay.
as for moving some in, i might give that a try. once they're here, he wouldnt send them away. he's just a big softie when it comes to animals!!
It was really odd as they told me that they liked to home in groups, but they had about 8 single piggies, girls and neutered boys. Surely, some of them could have been bonded together? I did say I was happy to do this myself as I had owned piggis for around 27years but nope! So sad really as they have all been there for a good 6 months!

My OH never minds really either just so long as he doesn't have to clean them out that often
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
It was really odd as they told me that they liked to home in groups, but they had about 8 single piggies, girls and neutered boys. Surely, some of them could have been bonded together? I did say I was happy to do this myself as I had owned piggis for around 27years but nope! So sad really as they have all been there for a good 6 months!

My OH never minds really either just so long as he doesn't have to clean them out that often
Well im in shock. Just been to visit my friend who has a house rabbit. He loved it and agreed for us to go back to the sanctuary and rescue a bunny or two!! blimey, if i'd know it would be that easy i'd have asked months ago!! we've only lived together a year and in that time, i've moved in one terrier, three piggies, two rats and two canaries!! good job he loves me!!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 06:40 PM
£35!!! The piggies in Harrods are that much!!

They are gorgeous and I'd love more but am very allergic to them, so now Pigsey lives upstairs on the landing in luxury... and he will have to be my last.

As for names, def Humphrey for Dad, Maisie for Mum, and Pickle and Relish for the babes
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Ahhh they are gorgeous, hope they all settle in and enjoy their new home.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Aw they are well cute. The girlies might take a while but I'm betting you have them enjoying cuddles and purring at you soon...or sounding like tribbles.

I really like guinea pigs, they sound so much like tribbles And some of them look like tribbles too.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Well im in shock. Just been to visit my friend who has a house rabbit. He loved it and agreed for us to go back to the sanctuary and rescue a bunny or two!! blimey, if i'd know it would be that easy i'd have asked months ago!! we've only lived together a year and in that time, i've moved in one terrier, three piggies, two rats and two canaries!! good job he loves me!!
I'll look forward to the pics of your new bunny then

Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
£35!!! The piggies in Harrods are that much!!

They are gorgeous and I'd love more but am very allergic to them, so now Pigsey lives upstairs on the landing in luxury... and he will have to be my last.

As for names, def Humphrey for Dad, Maisie for Mum, and Pickle and Relish for the babes
Shame, fancy having an allergy to piggies! We are at a stalemate over names. I refuse to call him super mario

Originally Posted by kobebear View Post
Ahhh they are gorgeous, hope they all settle in and enjoy their new home.
They have got the hang of the breakfast and tea routine now and I can hear them calling when they think it's time so they are settling in nicely thanks!

Originally Posted by lore View Post
Aw they are well cute. The girlies might take a while but I'm betting you have them enjoying cuddles and purring at you soon...or sounding like tribbles.

I really like guinea pigs, they sound so much like tribbles And some of them look like tribbles too.
Thanks. The male is so laid back it's not true and mum and one of the babies seem to be starting to chill but one of them has bitten twice Never known that in a piggy before a little more paitence needed there I think!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Aww they are gorgeous, congrats on the new additions.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Aww they are gorgeous, congrats on the new additions.
Thank you
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >