Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2018, 05:13 AM
Originally Posted by CaroleC View Post
I hear that £200 is a typical donation for a rescue dog in the UK. I'm not sure of the exchange rate, but I'm sure that rearing a 7/8 GSD to 14 weeks for $300 will not exactly make the breeder a fortune, and I would imagine that the reason that they are not vaccinated is probably that she has no money left to vaccinate them.
If what you really want is a GSD, which is vet checked, health tested and vaccinated, then contact the AKC for an approved breeder, and be prepared to pay the going price for that puppy. This is backyard bred puppy which comes - as all puppies do - with an element of risk. It is up to you whether want to take that risk, or take your cash elsewhere.
I'm not understanding the not vaccinated thing.... she has no money left? Is she destitute, doesn't have a job, is on a fixed income, about to be homeless? Where was it inferred she is broke? If you can't even afford simple vaccines, then don't have animals! If they are dumped off (supposedly, the lady seems a load of **** stating the breed mix then saying they just showed up) and you can't afford to raise or care for them then turn them over to a shelter or rescue. If she isn't lying about them being dropped off, maybe she didn't make a fortune, but she made some decent extra money. She sold 7 pups at 7-8 weeks old for 600, that's 4,200, now another at 14 weeks for 300 = 4,500 and still has one she will sell for $300. From her statements this is all from dogs that she has put practically nothing into, very little investment for chunk of change in return.
fluffy1893
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-02-2018, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Bulldogs4Life View Post
I'm not understanding the not vaccinated thing.... she has no money left? Is she destitute, doesn't have a job, is on a fixed income, about to be homeless? Where was it inferred she is broke? If you can't even afford simple vaccines, then don't have animals! If they are dumped off (supposedly, the lady seems a load of **** stating the breed mix then saying they just showed up) and you can't afford to raise or care for them then turn them over to a shelter or rescue. If she isn't lying about them being dropped off, maybe she didn't make a fortune, but she made some decent extra money. She sold 7 pups at 7-8 weeks old for 600, that's 4,200, now another at 14 weeks for 300 = 4,500 and still has one she will sell for $300. From her statements this is all from dogs that she has put practically nothing into, very little investment for chunk of change in return.
I hear what you are saying about the mix. How can she claim to be so specific about knowing what breeds they are when she said they were dropped off. My fiancé figured she was going off the fact that the father dog looked like a full GSD and the mother dog looked like a black GSD with lab hair. We know she was not lying about them being dropped off. She had several dogs and cats there that she was looking for homes for. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon in this rural area for people to drop unwanted pets in a barn, especially if they know that the owner is kind hearted. I suspect she doesn't vaccinate the drop-offs because she figures its not her responsibility. She may have the thought that "Well I am feeding them and finding them a home, what more do people want". Would I have paid $600 for the pup...as much as we adore him in just a few short days, no I probably would not have. Was $300 a lot to spend on him considering he is not vaccinated, yeah probably. But he is with us now, we have a vet appointment on Wednesday for his first set of vaccines, and we already adore him.
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2018, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by fluffy1893 View Post
I hear what you are saying about the mix. How can she claim to be so specific about knowing what breeds they are when she said they were dropped off. My fiancé figured she was going off the fact that the father dog looked like a full GSD and the mother dog looked like a black GSD with lab hair. We know she was not lying about them being dropped off. She had several dogs and cats there that she was looking for homes for. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon in this rural area for people to drop unwanted pets in a barn, especially if they know that the owner is kind hearted. I suspect she doesn't vaccinate the drop-offs because she figures its not her responsibility. She may have the thought that "Well I am feeding them and finding them a home, what more do people want". Would I have paid $600 for the pup...as much as we adore him in just a few short days, no I probably would not have. Was $300 a lot to spend on him considering he is not vaccinated, yeah probably. But he is with us now, we have a vet appointment on Wednesday for his first set of vaccines, and we already adore him.
I didn't read that you had got the puppy until after I replied and then read the 2nd page.

Just because the dog is a black GSD looking dog with "lab coat" doesn't mean he's a 1/4th Lab. I'm sure it doesn't matter to you and you want a pup as part of the family but the lady is clearly full of it.

It seems what happened here is she hit the jackpot with these drop offs and saw dollar signs. If you choose to raise a litter it's your responsibility to do right by them. Considering how inexpensive vaccines really are, especially with the money she gained it's really a pathetic thing to do. Maybe she seems kind hearted, but her response really shows the truth as she said you'd find pups / mixed with our without vaccines for $500 or whatever on any given day. If she were truly concerned more about the dogs than the money she would charge a reasonable rehoming fee and make sure to have them age appropriate vaccines. It's no different than a breeder that doesn't health test saying you can find pups without it.

I do hope everything goes well for the pup and it's good you have a vet appointment set.
Pitrescuemama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-02-2018, 04:36 PM
Good for you I'm happy you found a puppy that is a good fit for your family. I was reading threw the comments and was just about to tell you to go meet them and see what you think. Its really hard to argue the price of a dog without seeing it. Would love to hear how he's doing what you named him and maybe see a pic or two of him. Good luck with your new boy😯
fluffy1893
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-02-2018, 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by Pitrescuemama View Post
Good for you I'm happy you found a puppy that is a good fit for your family. I was reading threw the comments and was just about to tell you to go meet them and see what you think. Its really hard to argue the price of a dog without seeing it. Would love to hear how he's doing what you named him and maybe see a pic or two of him. Good luck with your new boy😯
We named him Bradley. He is pretty lazy but once you get him playing or walking he has lots of energy. He has this weird talent of escaping his crate (may get help from the cat).
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	BradleyPooper.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	5936  
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2018, 11:02 AM
Bradley is gorgeous.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2018, 08:48 PM
LOVE the ears!! Mr Floppy!!
Pitrescuemama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-02-2018, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by fluffy1893 View Post
We named him Bradley. He is pretty lazy but once you get him playing or walking he has lots of energy. He has this weird talent of escaping his crate (may get help from the cat).
Bradley is absolutely adorable! He sounds like a great puppy not only for you but for the cat to if he/she helps him escape. Lol! How's the whole potty training going was he pretty much trained when you got him like she said? If so that was definitely worth what you paid IMO my girl I got at 8 wks is now 6 mos and is just now going a couple days without any accidents!
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180205_170059.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	5937   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180214_172723.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	5938  
fluffy1893
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-02-2018, 03:14 AM
Originally Posted by Pitrescuemama View Post
Bradley is absolutely adorable! He sounds like a great puppy not only for you but for the cat to if he/she helps him escape. Lol! How's the whole potty training going was he pretty much trained when you got him like she said? If so that was definitely worth what you paid IMO my girl I got at 8 wks is now 6 mos and is just now going a couple days without any accidents!
Awww yours is cute too!!! There were a few accidents with house training in the first few days. But he just goes to the door and whines and we know he has to go!!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3