Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2006, 07:02 PM

Today

Declined the offer to go with oh on the bike to Beaulieu. But charged into Brighton ALONE!!!!! nice and early so missed the expected crowds, but wasn't as heaving as I thought it would be!

Went off to the old lanes with all the Boho hippy stuff, and heady smells wafting from the shops...Sydney Street, Kensington Gardens, Ship Street, Trafalgar Street, Bond Street etc etc.

Pulled alongside a traffic warden and asked the Sunday Rules for parking, to which she replied, "You can park on single yellow lines today" So I did...

Had a good look around, great jewellery shops, and lots of individual shops with different merchandise.

If you get the chance to visit "Do" as it really is a great atmosphere down there. Buskers, and street artists to entertain you as you stroll around.

Then went over to the Lanes (new part-posh bit) and looked around, stopped off for a salad - as you do, because your on WW !!!! what with all those nice places to eat.....

Then screaming out at me from "East"s window, my first purchase-which I can't describe so will have to put a pic up.

Looked at the time, time to head back to watch the footie, so I cut through the grounds of the Royal Pavillion.. it was lovely, a brass band playing, whilst people sat on the grass taking it easy. Picked up a Theatre Royal programme, and headed for the car, and was greeted by a £60 parking ticket!!

I did have a lovely day until I was met by that!! which I will query tomorrow.

Sat in the lounge to watch footie, and we won!!!!!!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2006, 07:05 PM
What a lovely day you had..... up until then of course I love going to Brighton too, as I used to live there for a long time, so I know it all very well. Can't wait to see the pic of your latest purchase though!! What sort of shop is Easts then - jewellers???
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Silly Helen clothing of course x
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2006, 07:07 PM
oh dear i would query that ...glad you had a nice day mine was fab ...we won
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Flippin heck £60 How do they justify that!

So glad you had a lovely time otherwise If you call them tomorrow they should drop the charge because you were told you could park there
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2006, 07:08 PM
happy girl Lise xxx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by justlou
Flippin heck £60 How do they justify that!

So glad you had a lovely time otherwise If you call them tomorrow they should drop the charge because you were told you could park there
Brighton for you x
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Harveys Mum
happy girl Lise xxx
oh yes happy as can be ..we did some repair work to the end shed and it looks pretty good then watched game in the beer tent ( with a beer of course )