Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah j
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2009, 10:54 AM

Today!!!

What I am doing today will haunt me for a long time, I'm giving my Puli up for rehoming! I know he hasn't got the best beside manner, and I know he has occasinally bitten the children, but its going to be so quiet without him. We will still have Gus, our mutt, and Milly, our beardie, so we are not going to be totally dogless, but if our neighbour hadn't put his his boot in we wouldn't be in this situation. Sorry I am just very upset, the children were crying as they went out this morning, it wouldn't be so bad if it was a grey horrible day, but it is lovely and sunny and warm. I know he is going to be better off (or at least that is what I am trying to convince myself) but.
Thanks for listening
Sarah
pingu007
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:02 AM
so sorry to hear you have to give up your dog ....im sure it wasnt a decision taken lightly. will you still be able to hear how he is getting on in his new home?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Sorry to hear your news, I hope you can stay intouch with his new owners xxxxxxxxx All the best Hun
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:27 AM
A horrid situation to be in. So sorry for you all.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Sending hugs to you ....i have been in this situation and its not nice..we had to re-home our JRT for the same reasons you are (kids getting bitten) but you are doing the right thing, think how you would feel if anything really bad happened to your kids or someone elses. Its not fair on the dog either - he will be better off with someone without kids.
sarah j
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Thank you so much, as always for your support, just think of me at 2pm today.
Thanks
Sarah
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Good luck and I know how hard this is but am sure you are doing the right thing and would not be doing this unless necessary.

(hugs)
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Sending you some cyber support. I can't even begin to imagine what you are feeling right now.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 04:23 PM
It sounds like a decision you feel you've been forced into and that must be really hard.

I hope you areok, give your other doglets lots of cuddles - they always know how to cheer us up.

xxx
Gizmoli626
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2009, 07:08 PM
I know how you feel. I had to do exactly the same with my first dog in China. She was the nicest dog but just would not be trained ... well by trained i mean not chew the walls when i left her. She got way too reliant on me and i felt so bad. I walked her 6 times a day but still wasn't enough! She wanted to be outside all day. I loved that dog so much!!! Absolutely killed me giving her up and especially because let's just say most Chinese don't treat dogs the way that we do here. But i managed to find her a home in the country where she could roam all day. The most distressing part is thinking of where she is now and whether or not she is still alive. But we just need to remember it is the right thing to do, the best for both. Just try to think that you are giving them more of a future and will more than likely be happy enough in the new home! Most dogs adapt quite well to changes like that, i think we are left more brokenhearted than them.
My thoughts are sent to you during this time, i know how horrible it is. xx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >