View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm sure it does Jen. She seems to be perkier than ever at the moment, I must be feeding her too well!! We just had a good old laugh together, coz I bought a Senior Moments Signs book today for a friend of mine, and we went through it laughing our socks off!!! You'd like some of them in there!! Give us your address and I'll send you one! Lol! They're very true, well for us they are!!!!!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Another case closed! I've been dealing with the Pension Credit peops for the past 4 months having been told she isn't entitled to any, I wasn't going to believe that, so I completed the 17 page document on t'internet, etc. etc. etc. had a visit from the nice lady 3 weeks ago, and today I have just received a letter from the Pension Credit peops that she WILL be getting it, £30 a week, backdated to April this year!!! That'll be a nice little £840 ish going into her bank account then thankyou very much!!!

So, that's now attendance allowance I've got her, my carer's allowance I've got meeee, the council tax rebate of 25% and now this!!! IT PAYS TO PERSEVERE!!!!!!

So for once in her life, she is now getting nearly a grand a month for sitting on her ass, after all those years working her fingers to the bone, nobody deserves it more! Trouble is, being stuck in her room like she is now, it's too late for her to enjoy it, but at least it pays for our lovely carer to come in for 4 hours a day to cheer her up and pamper her rotten, and why not!!!

Now what else have I been told she doesn't quality for, I can drive them nuts with ........
I didn't get 25% off my council tax I think it was more like 12% I not good with maths but my council tax it something like £790 it is now with the reduction £670 approx. Maybe it is down to the council in question hey?
Well done you it is so hard getting all the money that You are Entitled too. They don't advertise the benefits easily so if you don't know where to look you loose out. so well done H
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Ah you're right there Becky! I remember asking this nice lady who came round from the Pensions Dept, and she told me that! I also remember answering her with "oh yes I see. LIke the 17 yr. old who was on Jeremy Kyle this morning, he claims disability allowance along with his dole money so that he can use both to buy his drugs each week, ah yes, but my old Mum of 84 is NOT entitled to it, yes, got you"!!!!!!! She gave me a very wry smile and said unfortunately "yes"!!!!! No answer to that is there really!!!
Yes unfortunatley there is no rule that people have to spend their money on living well..... I can remember when I was on income support standing behind a woman in the postoffice queue to collect our money. She got that and her child benefit, which then was about £80 in total, and she spent £10 on scratchcards, there and then, at the counter. Nearly her whole child benefit on scratchcards.

Your Mum sounds like she is on about the limit she can get, similar to my Mum was..... but if I think of anything else I'll let you know.
Do you take her to the garden centre on pensioner day?
We have a pet shop here where pensioners get 20% off every Thursday..... my Mum was always paying on that day .

Forgot to add Age Concern will always come out and do a free, impartial financial review to check any oldie is getting everything they are entitled to.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Well Elaine, this is how it works for ALL areas. You are allowed ONE person who goes out to work and does their own thing in any one household. So, if you have a person claiming attendance allowance left in that house, you cross them off, then if you have another person living in that house who claims carer's allowance, you can cross them off, thereby leaving only ONE person who can do something else, go out and earn our keep, i.e. Dave Lol! They kept on and on insisting that there were in fact TWO people left in our house, so unless they knew about Georgie (the dog!) I couldn't understand why they kept refusing us!!! This is for the 25% reduction, but for you to get 12% I don't know what that's all about?? Haven't seen the 12% bit, I was going for the gold mate!!!!! My Council Tax here is £1400K a year, so it's quite a big saving for me to lose 25% of that!

I could get a job in Government now, I seem to know more than they do!!! Lol!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Yes unfortunatley there is no rule that people have to spend their money on living well..... I can remember when I was on income support standing behind a woman in the postoffice queue to collect our money. She got that and her child benefit, which then was about £80 in total, and she spent £10 on scratchcards, there and then, at the counter. Nearly her whole child benefit on scratchcards.

Your Mum sounds like she is on about the limit she can get, similar to my Mum was..... but if I think of anything else I'll let you know.
Do you take her to the garden centre on pensioner day?We have a pet shop here where pensioners get 20% off every Thursday..... my Mum was always paying on that day .

Forgot to add Age Concern will always come out and do a free, impartial financial review to check any oldie is getting everything they are entitled to.
Yep! We did that bit when I wanted to buy the new garden furniture, as soon as I saw that discount for pensioners bit, I zoomed home and got Mum's ID, and got my discount off £600 quid's worth!!! I'm not daft! Well, sometimes I am I suppose! Lol!

I've seen that financial review on their website, and that's how I KNEW it was worth going for it even though I'd been told a big "no"!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
I not good with maths but my council tax it something like £790
Oh to have a council tax as low as that!

My Council Tax here is £1400K a year, so it's quite a big saving for me to lose 25% of that!
Or even as low as that!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Oh to have a council tax as low as that!

Or even as low as that!
pmsl....well you will all have to come and live in Runcorn then I'm in the lowest band only a council bungalow but hey it's my castle
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2