Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2020, 06:40 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 8th June, 2020

Good morning everyone, I trust you and your four legged friends are all ok. Have a good day, stay safe and well, God Bless.

Kelly, I trust your Mum has improved somewhat and will be home soon. Chris, I hope your Dave is also on the mend. God bless, take care all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2020, 07:53 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope mum is now well on the road to recovery and coming home Kelly.

Also hope you manage to sort out Gary's flat Chris and that Dave is now well as he can be

Nice to see you Harvey hope you and your wife are keeping well.

Dull and damp with the odd bit of rain. Not good as I had hung the washing out before seven and it was in just after and now in the tumble dryer. Have manage to get my early all in with only getting damp round the edges

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-06-2020, 09:00 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.
Dry but overcast here today.

Glad mum seems brighter griff.
Chris hope Dave is on the mend and the flat move gets under way with no hitches.

Harvey you are right the Americans do not protest on our behalf but I think here in the UK it is more about the racism in our country and the circumstances in America led the protests gave them a reason I suppose.
Other protests across the country one in Watford went off peacefully as intended with social distancing.
London is an excuse for the thug element to get involved and a big place and more peaceful protesters than elsewhere to sensationalise and allow the worst to do their worst.
griff I get it yes we do suffer a lot of racism here I believe some people being in lockdown saw it as an opportunity to cause mayhem after the frustrations they are probably the same people that went to beaches and beauty spots etc., that shouldn't of done.
We have always had peaceful protests or sit ins as they were then called back in the 70's and 80's till the miners strike when a thug element got involved and ruined it for the innocnet miners fighting for their livelihoods from then on things changed.
Anyway enough said I have had my moring ruined by someone on another site over thus very reason.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2020, 02:59 PM
M.O.T. passed but then I had only done 174 miles since my last M.O.T. Insurance renewed so now it's only the tax to pay for.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2020, 03:12 PM
Moyra Not being funny but is that really worth the cost?
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2020, 04:45 PM
Well, I have done it all now. My driving licence runs out next year and has to be renewed again but if I am going to be in lock down for ever then the answer is No! Because of my mobility problems I wouldn't have to pay tax but as I want Steve to be able to use my car if necessary I find it easier to pay the tax so he can drive it if necessary.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2020, 06:35 PM
Obviously gives you peace of mind. Totally understand your need for freedom.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2020, 06:59 PM
Evening all
Moyra, did your garage not tell you that you had a 6 month extension?
Mums not coming home anytime soon I don't think, she's still on 4 drips of antibiotics....she needs to be on one before she can come home. She has also not been eating properly... again! Dad and myself offered to go get her some food and drop it off...she won't have it, we have both had enough of this rubbish now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-06-2020, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
We have always had peaceful protests or sit ins as they were then called back in the 70's and 80's

Yes Lynn 'sit ins' are fine and give people a way to get a cause into he limelight.

I've just been reading that a small group who were trying to save six Oak trees in Thurston (Some are 200 years old) have been able to get a tempory reprieve.

The developers - Persimmon - will not be allowed to cut them down for three months when reports from ecologists and others are available.

Oak trees form a wonderful back drop to our country side and I hate it when developers just fell them indiscrimately. So these trees are saved for a while but being the sceptic that I am I suspect they will be lost eventually. Persimon are a very big company and have 'friends' in all the right places
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2020, 07:37 PM
It really bugs me when trees get cut down for nothing....I would rather by a house with beautiful old trees than spindly little sapplings, our council allegedly have a policy of not chopping down healthy trees and if they cut anything down then they are supposed to replant a sappling
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >