register for free

Dog News

Nestle pet food advert... aimed at dogs!

Nestle have produced a pet food advert that is aimed specifically at dogs and not their owners, the 23 second advert contains squeaks and pings and a whine that apparently humans can only just hear.

The company wanted to produce something that dogs and owners could enjoy together. Its not the first time they have done something like this , they previously used advertising posters in town centres in Germany that had a smell of dog food incorporated into them in the hope the dogs would lead their owners to the posters.

Nestle are not sure yet how successful this will be as dogs can't go and buy goods themselves, hence advertising is usually aimed at pet owners.

Dogs may very well be clever, but can they persuade their owners to purchase doggy goodies by their reaction to an advert? Let us know if yours does!

Did your dog respond enthusiastically to this advert? Would that make you consider buying the dog food?

Time will tell if this advert pays off for Nestle, so if you see a hound in the supermarket filling its trolley with a specific brand you will know it has worked!

Here it is in action:

And here it is in full:

Your comments and views:
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Played this to my two when it was in the Daily Mail the other day - one snored through it, the other one went to the heights of raising an ear.

They'd have more luck if they played 30 seconds of the kitchen cupboard and fridge doors opening to be honest.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2011, 01:56 PM
I agree my two can hear the fridge and the treat cupboard opening no matter where they are in the house perhaps we should copyright those sounds and make some money for doggy charities !
Azz
Administrator
Male 

04-10-2011, 02:03 PM
I just played the full version and Rocky just slept through it... perhaps because he doesn't have any squeeky toys (don't think they're a good idea in a household with a cat lol).

Thanks for sharing TomtheLurcher!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Hmm Khal twitched an ear and rolled his eyes. Sasi and Ruby didn't budge a muscle...
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2011, 02:19 PM
No reaction from the Jin.....she either knows its for crappy kibble or doesn't understand German!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2011, 03:52 PM
I have no dog at this time to show it too. I did watch it not sure what all the fuss is about to be honest I think the squeaky toy noise is more likely a get a dogs attention.

I have just googled the brand and have found the ingredients I am even less impressed.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Not a flicker from Pepsi!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Mmm-think this is a bit crafty! Akin to supermarkets putting sweeties at kiddie level near the checkouts.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Tilly ran round barking but think that was more to do with me calling her so she thought something was happening. Gracie didnt even raise an eyelid!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top