Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2006, 06:01 PM

Vets & Medicines

Heya,

On my other thread (sick puppy 2) I mentioned about Jess being pescriped a course of medicines.

She has nearly completed the course now, she has one more tablet to take tonight.

However, with her being sick, im wondering if she will have to get more medicines, as they might not all of gone into her system.

I have not seen any of the tablets in her vomit, yet im worried she has not absorbed all of the medicines and had the full course.

I tried to ring the vets today but they are on emergencies only.

Do you think she will have to have more medicines because of her being sick?

Cheers for all your advice everyone, it is always appreciated.

Kye xxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2006, 07:44 PM
How soon was she sick after taking the pills? How is she now? If you're worried ring the vets on Monday but if they were in her stomach for a while before being sick I'd have thought it would be okay.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-12-2006, 07:46 PM

On my other thread (sick puppy 2) I mentioned about Jess being pescriped a course of medicines.
She has nearly completed the course now, she has one more tablet to take tonight.
However, with her being sick, im wondering if she will have to get more medicines, as they might not all of gone into her system.
I have not seen any of the tablets in her vomit, yet im worried she has not absorbed all of the medicines and had the full course.
I tried to ring the vets today but they are on emergencies only.
Do you think she will have to have more medicines because of her being sick?
Kye only the vet can decide that. I am guessing Jess was given a course of antibiotics.
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2006, 09:18 PM
I know only vets can decide mini, I was just wondering wether or not to tell the vets or if I am over reacting... as usual. lol

She had the tablets in her tum about 2 hours before she been sick again, I was just worried if she upset the course too much she wudnt get better and need more tablets...

Yes her tablets were antibiotics.

Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by kyektulu View Post
I know only vets can decide mini, I was just wondering wether or not to tell the vets or if I am over reacting... as usual. lol

She had the tablets in her tum about 2 hours before she been sick again, I was just worried if she upset the course too much she wudnt get better and need more tablets...

Yes her tablets were antibiotics.
If they had been in her tummy for two hours they should have been absorbed so not to worry
I would continue to give Jess only tiny amouts of food at frequent intervals ..and the same with honey water , hopefully it will stay down then