Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2013, 02:08 PM

Mmmm That was Lovely

I joined slimming world at the beginning of this week and have to say I can't believe how much they encourage you to eat. There are so many free foods that you can eat and eat as much as you want of.

Anyway I won a small prize on the raffle there and it was a tin of Adzuki beans and chick peas . Now I don't cook much as I hate it, don't like spicy stuff and can only do very basic things, that take no effort or thought, and I had never heard of Adzuki beans and never in my life used chick peas. They are on the free food list though.

I have just decided to try them, although didn't have a clue what they went with, you only have to heat them in a pan so even I could manage that. I boiled some rice and opened a tin of sardines and just mixed it in together. It was really delicious and very very filling and it could have been even quicker to cook if I had some microwave rice

I would imagine it would go nice with salad or other dishes (but not being a cook I don't know what), but it looked nice as well as tasted nice and the fish and rice were free foods too so you could have as much as you want and not worry.

Very healthy meal and so easy I will be having that again.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-02-2013, 12:16 AM
We've joined a few weeks ago and it's true you can eat a lot (of the right things!) there are a lot of tasty recipes online and in their magazine but what I've become aware of is since reading the contents of ready meals (which I used to buy) is how much fat is in them.

I don't really understand the difference in the diets and the syn things and neither does a friend but he's lost 4 stone on the diet so far. We did have a relapse tonight with a bought pizza but overall the regime is easy to stick to and things like the spag bol and curries are actually edible when I've cooked them from scratch