Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2010, 05:19 PM

Visited an agility class today!

Well, I have said for a long time that I was going to get Kia into an agility class and today I finally bit the bullet and went with Mother*ship and her Enzo to their regular class to check it out...

And it was great! Really informal and about having a good time but you are able to pursue it to a higher level (shows and stuff) with them too so it sounds perfect for what I am looking for - a bit of fun!

We got to watch the others doing runs around the course but I had to take Kia out of the way when the two collies that were in the class did their runs as she was getting way too excited by all the barking!

Then at the end, Kia got to try and do a jump! She was a bit bemused at first but soon got what I wanted her to do and hopped over to get her treat! I was such a proud mummy!

I realise we wont be in the exact same class as we will be beginners but I'm definitely going to follow it up

We've since been for our walk and did a bit of trick training (thanks for the book, J!) when we got in. Now Kia is sound asleep next to me and I think she'll be out for a while!

So, soon you may be seeing our little agility thread popping up on here! Hopefully with some success stories

S x
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Kia will love it and take to it like a duck to water. She's a Collie after all.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Kia's going to be fantastic....not sure about her Mummy though! Only kidding! You're both going to have a ball. You'll be out of beginners in no time.

I've been bending poor old Sarah's ear with agility this and agility that I'm just really relieved she liked our club.

J.
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2010, 08:26 PM
I liked it very much Just what I was looking for! Going to try and master left and right and get on with some clicker training so we can be the best in the beginners class... Not that I'm competitive or anything...

xox