Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2019, 07:34 AM

Daily Chat Monday 11th November

Good morning everyone

Very wet here this morning so washing going in the tumble dryer. Been up since 4.40 am as Ben had to leave for work at 5.15am His shifts this week start at 7 and end at 7,30 so a long day but he only has to work 3 days to complete his hours and then has four days off so we can all catch up on some sleep

Hope all are well

Hve a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2019, 08:53 AM
Morning Sue and all to follow, of which I hope there are a few more. Yep the list is getting smaller. Went to two garden centers yesterday and one was dire and one was ok. The usual stuff from previous years on show. Nothing seems to change. Never mind enjoyed my outing. Have a good day all. Sun is shining here at the moment.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2019, 10:17 AM
Good morning all
I am off to help decorate the room for mums friends party tomorrow... very good job I don't get hangovers...I was apparently very drunk LOl
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2019, 10:27 AM
Somebody has nicked my post (or maybe I did it wrong)!

Good morning all.

Staying in. Dave not well. When the rain stops (yes it is raining) I'll take Rosie for a walk probably on the prom.

Such an exciting life I lead
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2019, 03:25 PM
Afternoon all home today. Not great weather wise and really cold. Operation November sort out and clean of the sheds and garden now finished.

Sue I suspect those hours will be brilliant for family life planning when they arrive.
Brenda What are you looking for plant wise?
Griff Party what's the party for? have a good day. Don't put the balloons inside out. LOL
Chris Post theft happens a lot I swear I have posted but seems not. There is a black hole on this suite where they go. LOL a walk on the prom sounds exciting to me would love to live by the sea. Sorry Dave is not too well.

No plans for later on in fact no plans at all getting a bit boring even to myself.

Oh forgot I have to do is sort out the dried food for Larry, Larry in case I have not mentioned is a dog who belongs to a homeless chap (whose name I do not know even after 5 years) I call him "Sir" he is homeless a proper old-fashioned homeless chap shopping trolley etc. But he has a dog called Larry I met them in the vets years ago and I discovered he had trouble storing his dried food for Larry so he buys it I collect it store it here and weekly drop off enough for a week for Larry. He wants nothing more and says nothing but hey makes me happy.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2019, 04:12 PM
Aw Kazz that makes me sad. Doesn't he have anywhere to shelter? I am not looking for plants when I get taken to garden centres. Just a look around at stuff. Catch up later, off to see what to have for tea.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2019, 05:03 PM
Awww Kazz, that's so sweet and the fact you look out for his dog probably means the world to him. Ahhhh the party is a friend's 70th...she knows nothing about it and we have tracked down former workmates and invited her son and his family.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2019, 05:04 PM
Chris, hope you didn't get washed away on your walk and I very much hope Dave is feeling better now
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2019, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Aw Kazz that makes me sad. Doesn't he have anywhere to shelter? I am not looking for plants when I get taken to garden centres. Just a look around at stuff. Catch up later, off to see what to have for tea.
Brenda I have no idea to be honest he is a very private man and I have never enquired. He always looks well and his dog is in perfect health I know he travels around the country maybe working as he will say "won't be available next week " or "not available until the ??? or for XXX amount of weeks" he always returns when he says he will. We usually do a Monday evening. I would guesstimate his age at between 60 and 100
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-11-2019, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I know he travels around the country maybe working as he will say "won't be available next week " or "not available until the ??? or for XXX amount of weeks"

Interesting, maybe he has some sort of labouring job which gives him some money but not regular enough to commit to loans, mortgages, etc.

What ever the story I admire you're willingness to help out, he obviously doesn't want to burden you with his problems, and I'm sure that just keeping the dog food dry and ready for him each Monday is a great help. Well done to you.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >