Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2019, 08:05 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 1st November, 2019

Good morning everyone, I trust you all survived last nights parties etc. and are all quite well your four legged friends also. Have a good day, its fireworks next although they have already been going off for a while now. Take care of your dogs if they are afraid of them. Amber doesn't bother. Wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2019, 09:01 AM
Hi all and good morn to you.

Not used to getting up so early but Sue is expecting (no post I mean) so I have to stay at home as Sue has gone shopping with son. Now have a chance to skyvac the house front gutters before they get clogged up with leaves

worth doing judging by this amount.

I do wonder some times why we bother? only cleared the back garden yesterday and looked nice. Now overnight this

a few more days and we wont be able to see any grass
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2019, 09:24 AM
It's always the same at this time of the year Barry particularly if there are high winds. Your doing a grand job though.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2019, 09:48 AM
Morning all and those to come. You won't believe this but I went onto Tesco website this morning just to get it ready for my friend to look at it and yep it was working perferctly. Hey ho. Off to walk in the rain again. Barry if you didn't have that to do what would you do with your day? bg!! Have a good day all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2019, 12:19 PM
Good afternoon all.

Another soggy dog day so our medium walk. More the annoying drizzly stuff than rain this morning though.

Our park in town was taken over by the Town Council from the District Council earlier in the year. They now have two full-time gardeners and they blow the leaves from the paths and cut the grass in sections every day. The difference is unbelievable. Usually at this time of year you actually slip on the leaves that have come down, gone soggy and slimy, but now it's clear paths and grass all the way. So much easier to pick up after Rosie on the short grass too so win-win.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2019, 02:01 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Done the shopping as said with help of son who spends a lot of time looking at things his girls would like but unfortunately can't buy yet until they are here so hence it takes twice a long. All sorted and put away, lunch cooked and ironing done so now coffee and feet up for a bit. It has started raining again so will wait to take Teazle out for her second walk.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-11-2019, 09:45 PM
'evening all

Not a lot to report today, morning was drizzly rain and afternoon not much better.

Went to the bank in the morning and Alena took Bruno & Xena for their usual walk. Yesterday she had an encounter with a lunatic women on her own (no dog) who actualy tried to kick Bruno (but missed)

In Knettishall forrest it's very rare to see anyone on their own with no dogs. It's only about a year ago when an 80 year old man walking his dog (In Thetford forrest about 10 miles away) was attacked and killed by a looney.

No fireworks so far but there will be tomorrow I'm sure.

Bye for now
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2019, 11:06 PM
Goodness, Harvey, that must have been very frightening for Alena especially with what has happened there previously. I wonder if carrying a personal alarm would scare them away?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2019, 06:18 AM
Sad to say I always walk on my own. Hope Alena and dogs are ok and don't suffer any side effects. Can make one nervy of that sort of thing. Take care.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-11-2019, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Sad to say I always walk on my own.

Of itself there's 'nowt wrong with that. There's occassionaly a few joggers in Knettishall and I do meet a man on his own but he's freindly, we have a few words, he's about my age and he told me goes there for exercise, all perfectly normal. It's when you come across people who are clearly a bit weird that the worry begins.