Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2019, 08:28 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 27th October, 2019

Good morning everyone. I hope you and your four legged friends are in much better health today. Have a good day just taken Amber for a walk and it is quite pleasant out there, so I hope that will make you all feel better if you are sharing the same weather as I am enjoying at the moment. Take care. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2019, 08:57 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Sorry to hear G`ry had a fit Chris and hope he is fit free for sometime to come

Good you are feeling better Griff.

Dull but dry here and not too cold. Making Cornish Fairings and doing the veg for lunch. Garden too wet to do anything and anyway the bin is full until tomorrow.

Hope all others are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2019, 09:51 AM
Good morning all Clocks back and the weather is grand got bedding on the line already.

Chris Sorry to hear about the fit, excellent news though that this has been the first in a while, so very good outcome, you are fighting massive odds.
Griff Glad you feel better
Moyra Maybe ask the vets about the lumps and bumps.
Sue What are Cornish Fairings? could google but hey when you know. LOL
Brenda Love to you.
Losos Don't blame you staying in the warm.

Right see you all later I am doing a Mr Sue and off out to collect leaves

To everyone
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2019, 10:13 AM
Hi Kazz

Cornish Fairings are a biscuit originally made to be sold at fairs in Cornwall and the name stuck. They are made with ginger, mixed spice and cinnamon and are quite brittle once baked but very yummy. My recipe is 4oz melted butter, 4oz sugar and 2 tablespoons golden syrup and then 6oz flour, 1 teaspoon bicarb and all spices mixed in (As much as you like for taste). Put a teaspoon size lump on a tray about 1inch apart, flatten slightly and cook at 180c for 10-15 mins until a dark golden brown. Let cool in tin and then on a wire rack. They don't seem to last long in this house
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-10-2019, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Cornish Fairings are a biscuit originally made to be sold at fairs in Cornwall and the name stuck.

I was going to ask about them as well they sound delicious.

I've also been meaning to ask, when you mention younger son and elder son. Is there a 'middle' son who lives in Brazil??? I did miss quite a few days a while back so I'm a bit confused. Note that is nothing unusual for me
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-10-2019, 10:38 AM
Chris - Just caught up on yesterday, sorry to read about Gary, since nothing from February I expect you were hoping for a longer time (even forever,) but it was not to be. As others have said it's a worry for you for which you have my sympathy.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2019, 11:16 AM
No Harvey I only have the two son's eldest lives in Brighton and the youngest did live in Brazil but is now living with us and hoping soon to start work and I think his two eldest daughters will be over here at the beginning of December and then the two youngest will come over with their mum sometime early/middle next year when they will buy their own house. There is quite a lot to do behind the scenes to make everything go smoothly.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2019, 12:06 PM
Hi all.

Cold and crisp, but wonderful blue skies and sunshine so quite a nice morning. Our short walk today and missed out McD's as hubby still isn't fully right so just easing him back into it.

Gary has a massive headache today which is usual. We just feel so helpless to help him as we know from experience there's nothing you can do apart from making sure he has paracetamol. The headache should ease by tomorrow and the tiredness should be gone in two or three days then back to normal unless he has another fit - which we hope he doesn't. If he does, then a meds increase is on the cards but we are trying to hold that off as long as possible.

It was showing 7 degrees in the car when we got to town, but still there are people out in shorts and teeshirts. They must be mad (or eskimos on holiday in Skeg).
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2019, 01:22 PM
Hi Kazz

Cornish Fairings are a biscuit originally made to be sold at fairs in Cornwall and the name stuck. They are made with ginger, mixed spice and cinnamon and are quite brittle once baked but very yummy. My recipe is 4oz melted butter, 4oz sugar and 2 tablespoons golden syrup and then 6oz flour, 1 teaspoon bicarb and all spices mixed in (As much as you like for taste). Put a teaspoon size lump on a tray about 1inch apart, flatten slightly and cook at 180c for 10-15 mins until a dark golden brown. Let cool in tin and then on a wire rack. They don't seem to last long in this house
Right have noted that down and will try them Thanks
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-10-2019, 02:30 PM
the youngest did live in Brazil but is now living with us and hoping soon to start work and I think his two eldest daughters will be over here at the beginning of December and then the two youngest will come over with their mum sometime early/middle next year

Sue - Thanks for that, yes quite a lot to get organised but I'm pleased to see that son (and all of you) have set a realistic timetable. There's a lot to do and sometimes things can take longer than they should (e.g. the reference thing)

I will follow the story as and when you update us, good luck to all of you.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >