Female 

16-10-2019, 10:47 AM
I have been good Sue... feeling very sick
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2019, 10:49 AM
Lol...I am replying in triplicate lol
Moyra, I have been good and taken the tablets...I feel very very poorly...it will be better tomorrow, I am booked for my flu jab in the morning
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2019, 11:02 AM
Morning griff keeping you on your toes today.
Thing is I have just totalled up what he owes and it amounts to £55.49 online small claim will cost £25.
I have just emailed our local trading standards office not given his name as of yet waiting for a reply.

The lady I was chatting to on the next door site said he was chasing her for the work and then he didn't turn up to do quote on the gareed day and she waited in all day for him. He didn't get the work.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2019, 11:14 AM
In all honesty Lynn, in my opinion it's not about the amount, it's about the way he treats customers and when you call him out on things he tries to insinuate he is the injured party....I would be filing the paperwork but then again look at the situation we are in by standing up to bullies
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2019, 11:54 AM
Yes totally get it griff. I have been onto trading standards via citizens advice that's who you get put through to first. They log the issues and take as much info as they can and then pass it on to trading standards whether that gets forwarded is anyone's guess.
I mentioned small claims and he said you have to try to resolve the issue this way first.
I am past worrying about the goods/money but want him brought down a peg or two and made to realise you don't mess people about. Who knows they may already have him logged.

This is so reminding of the boiler guy and Upwell somewhere I never wanted to go again. As long as this one hasn't got so many people chasing him he tops himself like the other guy did.
I really wouldn't want anyone to do that. The guilt stayed with me for ages and the fear of reprisal. I got Gorden to put a bolt across the letter box there.
This one I have gaffa taped as we have a letterbox on the wall outside so it's not needed you jsut never know what people are capable of nowadays. I worry if we are out and Dillon is home on his own he tries anything.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2019, 12:22 PM
Morning everyone

Been to work home now and waiting for boiler man just put a pizza in the oven (totally out of my eating pattern really) however in the freezer so making my though it to clan out before Christmas I am almost now in a routine regarding things household and this is one of them thinking clear and defrost every 4 months or so. Was hoping my nephew would eat it when I was away but seems his pizza eating is simply ordering in not cooking in. You live and learn.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2019, 12:24 PM
Lynn think I would step away you don't need the hassle or worry given the boiler guy previous worry. If asked as you say you can tell people of your experience and seems your neighbour will now too. Word spreads and bad service spreads like wildfire.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2019, 12:26 PM
Not my type of programme at all but actually watching and enjoying "The Circle" anyone else?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2019, 12:43 PM
If you had wanted that pizza saved Kazz it would of got eaten.

Yes stepping away now relieved the woman on the next door site didn't give him the work and if she had could've based a decision of what to do on our experience.
I have done all I can now reported it to trading standards. If It goes ahead to trying to get the money back or goods through letter as advised I will let Gorden make that decision.

I would warn people if I ee him chasing work when others on the site ask for recommendations and he looks like he is chasing the work.

It shocked me about the boiler guy but I did find out he had been dangerous work elsewhere and it wasn't down to me personally what he did but you do get a feeling you contributed to it.
He had got himself in a lot of bother he couldn't see a way out of I think.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2019, 03:11 PM
I never for a moment thought it was down to you Lynn.

A lad I used to work with killed himself the last words I said to him were "shut up" in a jokey fashion as he was jesting about my glasses - these thing stick with you.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >