View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 07:25 AM
Hi Monty, Jack here I do agility as well and I think you love it as much as I do You poor thing, only being able to do agility once a week, my dad takes me twice a week when we're not at a show, and I always get so exited as soon as we get near the training place, I start squeaking and pacing about in the car

I love to hear how you're getting on each week and missed your update when you had been abandoned by your Mum naughty Mummy, I hope you punished her properly

Don't worry about new commands, if your Mum didn't know what to teach, how are you supposed to know what it means but don't be to hard on her, me and my dad were the same, and it was fun to learn together and has brought us closer together

Ooh, doing a full lap of jumps and tunnels, that sounds so much fun, I really envy you, that's my favourite thing in the whole wide world

Hehe, I think it's so funny that you have to take your Mum running, try to take it easy, after all she only has 2 legs and probably isn't as fit as you

Monty please keep posting the weekly updates, it's so much fun to read and don't be to hard on your Mum, she has far more to learn than you have

woof, woof, Jack

p.s. glad you managed not to pee on anything, it can be such a distraction to the rest of us, who just have to go and have a good old sniff
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2010, 07:38 AM
Thank you for the update Monty really enjoyed reading about your agility lessons again they sound so much fun.

Hope Mum is ok after your running sessions or is Mum still thinking about it ?

Good to hear you didn't pee on anything this time well done.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 07:54 AM
Well done Monty - sounds like you're really enjoying yourself

Your poor Mum though - having to do some running, no wonder she's needed to go for a lie down
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Hi Monty

This iz Max... I have been running with my mummy befor, and tho' she is much slower than me, it is quite fun.

You will have to tell her to use a bit of a longer lead, or she will trip up over you.

My mummy has had to invent anotha command for when we run... she calls it 'steady' cos I like to run off as fast as I can and drag her along. I don't see her problem, it makes her go faster, but she does go all red-faced and her breathing is funny.

Hope your running goes well (I know what you mean about fat paws!)

Max
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Thanks to all for the comments! Thought i better post so you know i haven't had a heart attack from the running!!

Well the running is so far a disaster. Today i got flattened literally by Monty who thinks running is a massive game where he can launch himself full pelt in to me. I landed pretty much flat on my face today and was incredibly grateful that it was quiet in the fields today!

Back at home we practiced left and right turns and then commands for which side I want him to be on so "heel" for left and "side" for right. He started to get the jist of it eventually so we'll practice some more tomorrow.
AmyH-Cornwall
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Hope the running goes ok Esme, I think I would literally have a heart attack if I had to run with Monty it would not be good lol!!!

Sounds like Monty is doing really well with his agility, especially as he missed some lessons

Look forward to hearing next weeks installment, oh p.s. I loved reading Monty's post, really made me smile!
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2010, 09:15 PM
well done Monty and Mum
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Thanks to all for the comments! Thought i better post so you know i haven't had a heart attack from the running!!

Well the running is so far a disaster. Today i got flattened literally by Monty who thinks running is a massive game where he can launch himself full pelt in to me. I landed pretty much flat on my face today and was incredibly grateful that it was quiet in the fields today!

Back at home we practiced left and right turns and then commands for which side I want him to be on so "heel" for left and "side" for right. He started to get the jist of it eventually so we'll practice some more tomorrow.
Shouldn't laugh, but I would so loved to see a video of Monty and you in training...it sounds very funny (for watchers, not for you )
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry no update this week in light of Monty's rear end issue. I didn't think agility was a good idea this week when he's constantly trying to scratch/lick his rear end and also because it doesn't look attractive and didn't want the other people there to think he had something awful or contagious!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Aww yeah you are quite right not to train if he isnt 100%, you want agility to always be a fun thing for him

This past week after your post I have been running with my dog - just a little at a time but I think it will help

- When we started agility with Mia me running was so exciting that she often would jump up and nip my bum - now she is trotting alongside me calmly!!
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »