View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2019, 03:40 PM
Mine went when I luckily had my old dogs, my parents were abroad and it used to take me 15 minutes to get off the sofa, I had a tens machine for my knee and it was rubbish, out of desperation I put it on my back...kept it going and within 30 mins I could get off the sofa much easier, I was really shocked
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2019, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post

My niece has gone to see this today too. But looking at your photo's it is a thought provoking piece of work.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2019, 04:02 PM
Afternoon all. Been here there and everywhere since last night my Aunt is now having seizures following her recent stroke phoned by hospital last night as they had got worse, left there about 2am went back this late morning and lo and behold she is alright sitting well slumped up and able to move left arm again but now on oxygen and seems to have lost her sight on left side and ability to focus or follow you with her eyes. Also her recent memory pattern as cannot recall Mom's passing which broke my heart when she asked when she was coming. Now I am prepared will not floor me again. Think I was over tired, spoke to social worker and reported her hospital stay to pensions etc so only have to let them know when she is out no. Cancelled doctors dentist chiropodists cleaned her flat and emptied the fridge and switched off unplugged all that could be put heating on lowest cannot turn off as underfloor put windows on "air" setting (on 2nd floor anyhow) and on way home picked up 6 nighties from bonmarche to use for hospital with the 4 I already have from the flat allows a little leeway with washing etc and leaves nighties at the flat too. Made appointment to see a nursing home on Thursday now home and sitting down to have banana and ice cream think I deserve it and watching A new life in the sun.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2019, 04:49 PM
Kazz, remember to look after you too. I am sorry your aunt didn't remember about your mum...that must have been really hard
Yes.. very thought provoking, I have lost 2 friends to stabbings and my uncle has been stabbed more times than I can remember...the last one nearly finished him, his heart was nearly cut in 2, he died twice and had all of his blood replaced, only thanks to the gifted ambulance and theatre and nursing staff that he made it
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-04-2019, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thanks griff at least I can get about now at one point I was rendered useless you don't realise how many parts of your body are connected to your back.

First, Welcome back

Second, you may have missed my post where I said I have had back problems in the past but it has been good for a couple of years now. With me the thing I had to avoid was bending over and turning at the same time!! so now I bend and come up OR I turn and then turn back. I don't always remember so I'll probably get another 'back attack' in the future
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-04-2019, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
It doesn't really bother me if people post or not as I am sure at some point if something bad had happened we would find out

Have prettty much the same thoughts although it is nice to see some people return who have been away.

Thanks for all your info on the pnemonia vaccines. I called into my GP practice today and guess what...........I have had it already in 2015 it hasn't worked, must have been a Friday afternoon batch
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-04-2019, 05:12 PM
Moyra you're welcome to have my e-mail but we are told not to post on public forums. I think my private messaging facility is disabled probably 'cos I haven't paid Azz his subscription I'll try to rectify that asap.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2019, 05:19 PM
Hahaha Harvey I bet you just had a super duper dose of pneumonia... for what it's worth I think it just stops it from being quite so bad...like the flu jab, it doesn't give you Immunity
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-04-2019, 06:03 PM
Sorry to hear about your aunt Kazz.
I hurt my back badly a few years ago I bent to put something on airer and bl**mey it went and I was out of action for a good few weeks. Ibuprofen and paracetamol every two hours alternately as advised by the NHS phone line.
Every so often it goes no reason or not that I remember possibly turn awkwardly or do something and I haven't realised till it puts me on the back foot.

Realised why I'm feeling bleurgh still it's Gill's Birthday on the 21st.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2019, 06:35 PM
Lynn, anniversaries are hard, my grandad died in 1989 and every year is still hard
I first put my back out at work,I was only 18...I lifted a wheel and that was it, next time it went, I got off the bus probably 80metres from work, I coughed, it went and it took me over 30 mins to walk to work
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >