Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2019, 06:40 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 13th April, 2019

Good morning everyone, I trust you and your four legged friends are all in good order.

Have a good day, keep warm and dry and above all things stay safe and well. God bless.

Knee is a little better this morning so Ambers walk down to me I think.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-04-2019, 07:49 AM
everybody out. Good morning all

Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2019, 09:26 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Pleased your knee is a little better and hope it continues to improve quickly.

The fitters of Steve's kitchen deserve to be taken to task Griff it is not good that it is still not finished.

Sorry to hear you are under the weather Harvey but good news that you both feel able to take on another companion. Hope all goes well with your search and you soon have a a new set of paws to look after.

Nice here at the moment. Have planted some runner beans in pots also peas and sown some cabbage seeds now have to wait to see if anything happens

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2019, 11:28 AM
Good afternoon all.

A brisk morning here, but nice because of the sunshine.

Getting busier and busier in town and set to get worse as we get nearer to Easter.

New crazy golf in town looks set to open this week. Unless the sign was for something unrelated (it was turned away from the ticket window) it looks like the cost will be £5.50. Is it just me that thinks families just can't afford this type of charge? Looks way over the top to me.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2019, 12:20 PM
Afternoon
Beautiful sunshine here
Chris, I often wonder how families manage to get a day out
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2019, 12:56 PM
Afternoon all. It is raining. I wondered why it was getting darker. Anyway here is a puzzle for you all. I weigh myself in the morning and my scales are in stones and pounds but I can weigh on them with using the kilo switch. So, when I convert to the kilo weight to stones and pounds I am lighter than the stones and pounds weight shown. Which one is correct. I must admit I prefer the kilo one because that made me lighter than the conversion. lol!! Hope that made sense. bg!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2019, 01:34 PM
To be honest Brenda, electronic scales are notoriously inaccurate unless they are calibrated regularly...I can weigh myself and go back and weigh myself again and it's different, I wouldn't mind if they were cheap
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-04-2019, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
when I convert to the kilo weight to stones and pounds I am lighter than the stones and pounds weight shown.

First I have to agree with Griff, accuracy in domestic electronic scales is pretty rubbish. Labority users and others who must have accuracy pay thousands for their machines

Secondly, if the difference is less than 10% it could well be due to 'rounding' that's where the machine takes all the numbers to the right of the decimal point and gives a display up (if more than 5) and down (if less than 5) you will get different readings for Imperial and Metric 'cos of that.

Just re-read that and I haven't done a good job anyway I would guess you all know about 'rounding' anyway
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-04-2019, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I wouldn't mind if they were cheap

Yes I don't like paying the price you see in the shops (or even 'on line' TBH)

But imagne if you were a buyer in a firm which had to have superb accuracy and had to pay £1,000 or more

I've never done it but I was told it would be cheaper to buy an accurately calibrated weight of 1Kg or 1lb and use that to do your own calibration.

You could get a pretty accurate reading doing that no matter what changes in temperature / electronics happen.

I've never done it because I object to paying £50 or so for lump of metal 3 inches square or whatever size they are
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2019, 03:40 PM
Lol Harvey... completely agree, I wouldn't pay £50 for a lump of metal either
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >