Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2019, 07:28 AM

Daily Thread, Friday. 5th April, 2019

Good morning everyone, I trust you and your four legged friends are all fit and well. Have a good day, wrap up warm and dry and above all things stay safe and well. God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Morning all

Hope you are all good and tell Norma or if you read this Norma contact Azz directly. It worked for me after months of not being able to gain access

Moyra cold and damp here brrrrrrr and brrrrr again is all I can say.
Griff talk your Mom and Dad into going to your brothers for Christmas then you get the house to yourself.....LOL How is Steve hair going has he got the hang of it yet?

Brenda Lucky escape with the car, I once saw a car that had been parked that got smacked by another car whose handbrake that was not on that rolled down the hill hit a parked car with such force it pushed it straight into a bus shelter in the car park. Scary as neither were driven.

Gert a little sick in the night eating grass yesterday must be new and fresh she is fine though she did wake me up and look a little shamefaced but fine cleared up and she decided to come and sleep on the bedroom chair afterwards her call the doors are all open but she chooses to sleep on her bed in kitchen rather than upstairs or in living room on sofa etc.

Off out today to try to match my slabs as having front garden changed around well redesigned I suppose, plan A depends on getting the slabs, plan B is slightly off the wall if not but I do think it will work.

Have a good day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2019, 09:06 AM
Morning all
Kazz, Steve is still struggling a little bit...I suppose when you have had the same haircut for 30 off years and had to do nothing except stick gel on it...it may be a little daunting lol. I bought him a hairdryer hairbrush, styling cream, hairspray etc
Ooooo plan B sounds exciting
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2019, 12:59 PM
Kelly, if he needs hairdryer, styling cream and hairspray, I'd tell him to revert back to something that is easy .

Matching up anything, either inside or outside isn't easy, Kazz. I'm sure it's a dastardly plot to discontinue everything every 18 months so we have to buy new
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2019, 03:02 PM
It will look lovely when he grows it out..I love it the way he has it now, he's going to have it all shaved off at the sides, a line put in and then have it longer on the top and flicked over to one side
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-04-2019, 04:55 PM
Hello Moyra, Kazz, Griff, Chris & all who follow

Apologies for my absence just lately. That horrible flemy cough I had wouldn't go away, I got through a bottle of Covenia and in the end had to go to the Doc. She sent me for a chest X-Ray which showed I had pneumonia

She put me on a course of anti-biotics which seems to have helped 'tho still feel weak and coughing occassionly. On top of that I have developed a hernia just had a meeting with the consultant at the hospital this morning, it's a very simple operation go in the morning, come out in the afternoon. Have to wait now to find out when they will do it.

Worse still he found some things he didn't like when he examined me, so I'm booked for CT scan next week.

OH's hip replacement job is working fine she's driving and gardening 'tho still can't bend down and thigh still a bit swollen.

Still missing Casey, every time I walk past the car I expect to see his big goofy head lift up and look at me. Even if he was asleep he would always wake and lift his head when I approached him.

OH & I have agreed we will get another dog but I want to get the health issues sorted before we do. Have looked on the rescue sites and there's so many it's depressing.

Anyway, on more upbeat theme Griff I read your comments on 'driverless cars' and I could not agree more. It seems like centuries ago but I started my career in an electronics research lab (I was just a spotty faced appentice at the time ) I just don't get the point, 100 years from now maybe but you would not get me in one of those now for all the gold in Fort Knox

My everlasting memory from those days was that you need years and years of rigorous testing away from the public (The middle of the Sahara dessert would be a good place ) before you can say with absolute certainty that the product is safe.

It's beginning to look like Boing 737 MAX is a perfect example of not following this rule.

Well it's looking like the weather might be warming up this weekend so maybe a bit of gardening might be possible. Enjoy it whatever you all do see you soon
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2019, 05:00 PM
Oh gosh Harvey...so good to hear from you but sorry you are suffering a bit...I hope the tests go well and if you need anything..give me a shout
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2019, 05:27 PM
Take care Harvey. I know how you feel. I miss Tyto so much. Pleased to hear the hip op went well. My friend Ann is having hers on Monday. Fingers crossed that all goes well for you.x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-04-2019, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Oh gosh Harvey...so good to hear from you but sorry you are suffering a bit...I hope the tests go well and if you need anything..give me a shout

Thanks Griff, annoying that spent 50 years and never went anywhere near a hospital and now all comming at once. Just reading your comments on here is all I need from you, makes me smile sometimes you have a great approach to life.

Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Take care Harvey. I know how you feel. I miss Tyto so much. Pleased to hear the hip op went well. My friend Ann is having hers on Monday. Fingers crossed that all goes well for you.x

Good luck to your friend, tell her she won't regret it but the first 3 or 4 weeks are hard, she'll need some help with everything (meals, washing, toilet etc.)
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2019, 07:30 PM
Hello Everyone I am ashamed I let you all down this morning and didn't open the thread. I do not want it to die but we desperately need more regulars to keep it going.

Harvey it was lovely to hear from you and I am so sorry you have been having problems. My heath has been such that I do not feel I am doing Amber justice. I do walk her twice a day but the walks are insignificant it is only for her to do her necessaries and I do not think it is fair on her. I suffer with my legs terribly and I also have other problems unpleasant to discuss. Steve could do more to help but he wont he thinks making me walk her is good for me. He could well be right but she still needs more walks. The distance I walk her really is not adequate. I long for better weather for me to take her out mid day as well . I was hoping as the weather improved so would my legs. I hope you and all the others suffering will have better health soon, take care of you all, God bless and keep you safe.