Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2019, 07:51 AM

Tuesday, 26th March. 2019

Good morning everyone. Bright morning should be a good day. I trust you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle.

Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all things keep safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2019, 07:54 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow, which I hope are lots of you. Moyra, have been looking at old photos of Shoreham. Amazed at how it has changed since I even left there. Lancing is changing to now that lots of shops have closed and banks gone. Sad really. Ah well have a good day and everyone else that appears.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2019, 08:23 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda and all who follow

It is a shame Brenda that all places are changing due to lack of shops closing, it is the same here in the village. Co-op closed, bank closed plus a couple of independent good shops which left only Tesco express, hairdressers and estate agents two of which have now closed too.

Lovely morning here only planning on going to the library and doing the banking and mowing the lawn this afternoon.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-03-2019, 08:43 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda, Sue and all to follow.
Lovely sunny day for a drive over to Essex to meet my friend Julie.

Lots of banks etc., closing in the town where Michael lives which is madness as it is the biggest retirement town in West Norfolk. (Possibly).

griff hope the joints are feeling better today.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2019, 08:46 AM
Morning all
Our city is changing too, the city centre is full of empty shops and banks are closing there too, our council have destroyed our city....the whole city centre is given over to student accommodation, literally building tower blocks everywhere! You used to drive in and see the beautiful 3 spires, now just tower blocks, they have sold the swimming baths to the university, the new baths is built next to the most beautiful Methodist church and is completely out of place and then behind that they have built a multistorey car park right in front of sheltered accomodation!! Those poor old people lived there peace and happy and now have a building site..car park and for the foreseeable future the noise from the swimming baths
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2019, 08:47 AM
STRESS MANAGEMENT: This really DOES work & will make you smile.
Picture yourself lying on a rock that hangs out over a clear stream.
Both your hands dangling in the cool water. No one knows this place.
You are in seclusion. You hear the waterfall sounds of serenity.
The water is so clear that you can easily make out the face of the person you are holding underwater.
There...see!! It really does work. You're smiling already!!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2019, 08:48 AM
Morning Kelly. How's the elbow?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2019, 10:09 AM
At the moment it's all my joints Brenda...they are just aching slightly, I am having a nice easy day today, just going to pop and see my friend and that's it, I am trying to drop a little weight but I am too sore to walk... well except for the dogs!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2019, 12:46 PM
Good afternoon all.

Bit chilly again this morning and quite dull.

Gary has bought another watch <sigh> and a white cardigan <sigh again>.

He has the dentist this afternoon for a check up. <even bigger sigh>. No matter what time the appointment, they always keep us waiting even when we have the first appointment. Amazing how they don't like to be kept waiting, but think nothing of keeping their clients waiting. One place you do not want to be sitting around waiting is the dentists, even when it's just for a check up.

Kelly, hope your joints ease soon. Take it easy and don't leave it too long before getting checked over.

Brenda, you are quite right. That does raise a smile
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2019, 01:21 PM
I know what you mean Chris, if you are a minute late for an appointment you are the devil but they are happy to keep you hanging around...I am sure they know about Gary's difficulties which to me is worse.
I will probably wait until next week as mum and dad are going away and they will cancel if I say anything...Steve's off this weekend so hopefully if I need help he will come.
My local was rammed Sunday, with people who I didn't really like, one of the local pubs had closed the doors and there were all sorts of stories going round, the landlord of the pub was playing it down but one of the staff has told us what gone on.... apparently there was a bloke battering hell out of a woman, another headbutted the land lord and broke his nose, another lady got knocked over and split her head open...so, they all turned up to our local and then one of the barmaid who works there had 2 blokes interested in her, she was playing them off against each other and then she went and called the fella she is interested in...so he turned up, saw these blokes trying it on with her and obviously wasn't very happy.... luckily we left before that and our landlord was unhappy with their behalf so I don't think it will be a common occurrence
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >