View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Greyhoundlover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Ours have a large plastic bed, with memory foam, and feather and down mattress topper in a waterproof cover, then on top of that they have a fleecy blanket.

They're not really spoilt
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 09:28 PM
ours at night have the whole hallway covered in duvets, , so they can curl up/stretch out as they like!

We dont have beds out in the daytime/evening.they just chill on the floor or on the sofa
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Downstairs she has half of my sofa (it's a corner one)

Upstairs she has her own bedroom with a double sofa bed
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Err.....
Whoops

Gabe has a raised camp bed from Argos 3/4 made up with a duvet on top.
Duck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Jasper either sleeps in a 60" crate single mattress or sofa. for bedding he has kingsize, double and single duvets.
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Ted has a plastic bed with a duvet and blankets. He does tend to curl up in it but also sleeps with his legs poking over the edge Not the best pic

He also has two of these one in the living room and one in my bedroom which he curls up and spreads out on. I also take it if we go away.

Oh and he's not allowed on the furniture
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 01:44 AM
Downstairs ours have duvet beds. Upstairs they have large soft fabric round beds. During the night they quite often get up onto the [my] double bed and stretch out. Not a bit of wonder I waken up so stiff some mornings - pushed to the edge of the bed !
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 07:28 AM
Mine sleep wherever they choose & it varies depending on temperature, time of day, whether I'm at home or not etc. They have the whole run of the house & it has been known for Wilma to get on the bed after her breakfast & not move until 3.00 p.m..

But they have the choice of 3 sofas in 2 rooms, 3 big cushion-type dog beds (courtesy of my mother who made them), & various armchairs. If it's hot they tend to crash on the cool tiled floor & in the summer Wilma's got a favourite spot in the garden in the sun against the fence. Barney likes to start off his doze in the evenings on my lap, but then we both get too hot & ends up slithering off like a slinky.

Dogs need to be able to stretch out fully on their sides (lateral recumbency) to properly reach REM sleep. That's why you often see dogs hanging out over the edge of round baskets, or dragging their bedding out of the bed onto the floor. This knowledge made a lot of difference to DT rescue dogs in kennels (they used to have round plastic beds but were continually dragging duvets, blankets out onto the floor) so now they have more choice & variety & often have the big cushion-type beds.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
Dogs need to be able to stretch out fully on their sides (lateral recumbency) to properly reach REM sleep. That's why you often see dogs hanging out over the edge of round baskets, or dragging their bedding out of the bed onto the floor. This knowledge made a lot of difference to DT rescue dogs in kennels (they used to have round plastic beds but were continually dragging duvets, blankets out onto the floor) so now they have more choice & variety & often have the big cushion-type beds.
Didn't know that, makes sense though now you've said! Axel does like to lie stretched out a lot, must be most natural and comfortable I guess. Though he does spend a lot of time curled up in his bed.

This is his 'den'

And his 'modified' bed
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Mine only have 1 bed each, a oval cushion, the sort you put in a plastic bed, you know the kind?
Well they have one of those each in our bedroom, but only seem to use it about 10% of the time, otherwise they are on our bed. Downstairs they sleep on the sofas
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >