13-10-2016, 09:08 PM
Few bits of 'work' things to do before bed so see you all tommorow, goodnight
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2016, 09:32 PM
Lovely tree sue....another Acer fan here
TW, good news about the insurance
Losos...oooo life changing premium bond win....what will you do with all that money??? Lol, never know....the biggy could be round the corner
Lol LG...to me, ducks is ducks....I think the girl ones are brown and called a mallard??? And the boys are the one pictured and as you say a drake
Mandy what a lovely surprise
Had some disturbing emails regarding my mums estranged aunt this evening.....mum has spoken to her cousin, first time in nearly a year and it is really really bad for her aunt and as awful as she has been we are offering any help we can
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2016, 09:50 PM
Goodnight to you, Harvey. In answer to your querry I always try and put them in cup side down but don't know if this is the best way - it's just the way I do it and it seems to work well enough. With horse chestnuts (which I always consider one of our very best native trees) I put them in with the disc side uppermost. I doubt that I will be around to see any of them to anything like their full size but always feel that I owe it to future generations to have a chance to enjoy some of the things that give me so much pleasure. Whenever we have cause to remove a mature tree and it's never something done lightly, we plant at least 10 in it's place.
Evening Mandy - hope you had a lovely dinner with your relatives, it's a nice thing to think of someone like that.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2016, 10:04 PM
Not quite Griff - females are ducks - males are drakes - mallard is the name of that particular type. They are the commonest breed of wild duck in the UK. Don't worry about it - we'll get you on Mastermind yet, answering questions on Ornithology! lol !
Hope that whatever has gone wrong for your family can be quickly put right and it doesn't stress you out too much.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2016, 10:59 PM
Griff, hoping it all gets sorted you and your family have enormous hearts I think. LOL at the ducks, one day, as LG says, you will be on Mastermind
That's lovely about the tree planting LG,it made me realise icannot remember the last time I saw an acorn. We do have lots of squirrels so it may be their fault.
Was so glad the stables is in good hands now, some of the things that went on, methods outdated even when I was starting riding about 7 years old or so. I would never have let any of my horses go there. People get sucked into stuff that they must know is morally wrong but they are not prepared to say anything and so it goes on.
Hope the meal was lovely, Mandy. You deserve a treat.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2016, 11:22 PM
Good evening thought I would pop in as I can't sleep but you seem to have all gone to beddie byes so I will play a game instead and then read. Night all. Griff hope it all sorts itself for you.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2016, 09:03 AM
Lynn, I meant to say I was sorry your friend lost one of her Bernese but it is great she is getting a new puppy and I bet you cannot wait to meet Dolly, lovely name for a Bernese. Hope Dillon loves her too.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3