View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2016, 02:50 PM
The tree I have planted is thishttp://www.crocus.co.uk/plants/_/acer-palmatum-dissectum/classid.89/ now fingers crossed it thrives. Hope th hair cut went well.

Pleased the car went well Lynn. We had the light for low tyre pressure come on once so quickly took it to the garage but all was ok and not happened again - why it happened then is anyones guess.

Have looked at your link June and it looks a very nice place so pleased you have found something nearer home.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2016, 03:09 PM
When I got back with the shavings I had an envelope in my box from my house insurers, had a cup of tea, and a butty and was sitting down when I opened it. I know peoples house and car insurance went up with the flooding we had. Hardly changed, just like my car insurance, phew.!
Tree is lovely Sue. Only a little garden here and no room for trees, but I do like Acers
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-10-2016, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
The tree I have planted is thishttp://www.crocus.co.uk/plants/_/acer-palmatum-dissectum/classid.89/ now fingers crossed it thrives.
I like Acers as well but right now I'm collecting acorns, I want to see if I can get one to germinate and become a little oak tree, our garden is way too small for an oak tree but I could plant it in the meadow behind us.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I know peoples house and car insurance went up with the flooding we had. Hardly changed, just like my car insurance, phew.!
That's good news but I have to say that next year the dreaded inflation will begin, it will start with petrol prices, then imported clothing & footwear (That means practically all clothing & footwear ) and any imported food (So banannas and such like will cost more)

I can remember when inflation was around 20% in the 1970's and it was not nice. I hope your pension is inflation adjusted.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-10-2016, 03:56 PM
SWMBO got a letter today from the Premium Bond people, YES she's won a prize, NO it's not the big one (£25)

That world cruise and trip on the Orient Express put on hold again
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2016, 04:50 PM
Losos

Last year we could have given you bucket loads of acorns , damn 4 oak trees in our garden were spitting them down like rain
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2016, 05:30 PM
My Grandad used to say to sort out acorns for trees put them in a bucket of water and throw the floaters away or give the to the pigs LOL .... good acorns to make trees sink.
So throw away floater plant sinkers.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2016, 07:37 PM
evening all - Well done to your better half Harvey - I must admit to never having heard of a winner before. Hope the extra cash doesn't go to your head! lol !
Glad you got fixed up with the shavings @ a decent price June - and particularly that they are decent folk, well versed in animal welfare by the look of it.
Griff - just for the record - Tumbleweed's photo is a drake not a duck! We can't have involuntary gender reassignment of mallards! lol ! Hope you are feeling a bit brighter today - can't be bad all that weight loss - I think I could do with cinching up a couple of holes on my belt actually!!!!!!
Acers are beautiful trees Sue - I hope it gives you great pleasure.
Wise grandad Kazz - spot on with his acorn advice. I frequently go round my place with either conkers or acorns in my game bag and poke holes with my thumb stick into which I drop them. Quite surprisingly - with no further help from me - there is quite a good strike rate.
Just been called into dinner so will see you all later, bye fer now.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2016, 08:40 PM
Hello all,
Been busy today, hoovering and cleaning upstairs, then took Rosie out for a wander about- we managed to miss the rain- another downpour happened just as we got back in.
Then at lunchtime my sister in law rang me to tell me that her and my brother were fetching me to take me out for dinner - no reason
Moyra hope your cold has eased now,
Lynn hope the car is ok
TW hope Zen has behaved, glad you found somewhere nearer for the shavings
Griff hope you ok
Losos your the first person I've ever heard of winning anything on the premium bonds - well done
Evening LG hope you enjoyed dinner
Sue I love trees
Hope everyone is ok, will have a proper read through now with a cuppa
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-10-2016, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Then at lunchtime my sister in law rang me to tell me that her and my brother were fetching me to take me out for dinner - no reason
What a lovely surprise for you, enjoy
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-10-2016, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Last year we could have given you bucket loads of acorns , damn 4 oak trees in our garden were spitting them down like rain
There's no shortage where I walk the dogs either.

Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
My Grandad used to say to sort out acorns for trees put them in a bucket of water and throw the floaters away or give the to the pigs LOL .... good acorns to make trees sink.
So throw away floater plant sinkers.
I'll remember that Kazz, it will be well into 2017 before I can say if I have any good 'uns so hope you will be still part of the Dogsey Daily Thread then and I can give you an update

Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
I frequently go round my place with either conkers or acorns in my game bag and poke holes with my thumb stick into which I drop them. Quite surprisingly - with no further help from me - there is quite a good strike rate.
Just think, in 100 years you can fell them and make a bit of dosh you will bea round then I'm sure
Does it matter which way up they are, i.e. 'cap' end up or down
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >