Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Thank you Lacey
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-11-2014, 10:11 PM
Wow! How beautiful is that? And what an absolutely wonderful photograph.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-11-2014, 11:44 PM
Thank you Malka

Took up photography seriously as a hobby a few years before I retired for something to do. Have to admit some of these photos were taken some time before that.

Photography is one of those subject the more you know the more there is to know, on top of that new equipment keeps coming onto the market to find out about.
Ok how did I get into digital photography from 35mm slide stuff?

If you have a couple of moments I will tell you.

I wondered about digital photography for some time, too many years ago now to say when. So my first thoughts were ,don't buy anything expensive incase I could not get on with it. So my first digital camera was a Kodak 2MP point and shoot camera which actually did take reasonable photos using AA batteries.

Then I started getting frustrated with it, certain thing I could not get near enough to photograph. For example anything on an island in the middle of a lake, and that really annoyed me,or in other words i had outgrown what the camera could do.

So next step was research again and again at what to get till I was sick of trying to make up my mind. So I came down on the side of Nikon ,could have just as easily gone for Canon but nikon was my choice
So which model? back then the Nikon D70s was not the cheapest DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) not by far the most expensive, but it suited my pocket.

Very nice camera and I did win a couple of international competitions with it, he says modestly. So had that for a couple of years but it was only a 6mp camera and again Ii felt I had outgrown it. Maybe not but that is what I felt, so got a Nikon D200, one better than before and a bit of a mistake as it was battery use hungry they didn't last a days shoot. So that went and in came a Nikon D300 (which I still have) and a great 12mp camera . by this this my lens collection was increasing as well. That is a camera the D300 I would never ever part with but I came into a little bit of money and out it went just as fast on a Nikon D800 full frame camera this time.
AS I mentioned my lens collection was expanding considerably and now I have really what I want and the D800 does videos as well

Which leads me onto video cameras, yes it gets boring doesn't it? however to proceed

Again started looking at camcorders and bought a Panasonic HC600 ? which my son now has as I bought a Panasonic HC-X900m . This not only does videos but 16mb built in memory as well as taking SD cards. either of which can take either of both.
The main difference between a DSLR camera like my D800 and the video camera the DSLR's are limited on time for filming, something to do with licencing laws I believe.
Another advantage is the camcorder can be slipped into a trouser or jacket pocket should the need arise to stop getting stolen

here we go again I still have a 35mm video camera with spare tapes which is something people don't want any more and my Voightlander Vito 35mm camera I had for my 21st birthday.

Still in perfect working condition, even the clockwork delay timer is working

Yes got a few extras as well like a decent microphone - several tripods -flashgun -portable lighting for top of cameras etc etc.

AS you can see the panasonic camcorder handles difficult lighting condition when shooting entertainment on a cruise ship and the sound is not that bad either.better when seeing direct not with YT
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2014, 11:50 PM
So cool that you still have them Wow,booklets too
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-11-2014, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
So cool that you still have them Wow,booklets too
Yes is the short answer and still in as new condition and a Rollie electronic flashgun still working . Rollie was one of "THE " brands back then. All of my camera gear is treated like babies
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2014, 09:25 AM
Oh beautiful. Sara loves dragonfly's. And she likes photography when she has the time. Can I make a copy of it?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2014, 09:33 AM
My Gdaughter has a BA in Photography from Swansea Met and collects old cameras so she would be very interested to hear your story.
So she got her degree, thoroughly enjoys doing it and now can't get a job
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-11-2014, 10:00 AM
brenda1

of course you can make a copy , only too pleased someone thinks it is good enough to want to have it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >