Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2005, 12:58 PM

Senility

I know my boy Sweep is having more 'senior moments' as I call them, but for the past couple of days after his lunchtime meal he crys/moans and goes in the Kitchen a stares at the wall then licks it - he is amazing! :smt049 :smt049
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Sweep
I know my boy Sweep is having more 'senior moments' as I call them, but for the past couple of days after his lunchtime meal he crys/moans and goes in the Kitchen a stares at the wall then licks it - he is amazing! :smt049 :smt049
It's odd isn't it Sweep ..I wonder if he has indigestion .... Amy does some strange things these days too. her hearing is not what it was and sometimes she will sit by the front door waiting for me not realising I am upstairs... She has also got odd about going for her walks and will only walk across the field on the path not around it ..we can't stray from the path or her familiar rout one inch, I expect it feels 'safe'
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2005, 01:22 PM
Got to love them - Bless them - how old is Amy?
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Aww hugs to them all, there is something most appealing about senior dogs bless them xxx
Meg
Supervisor

19-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Got to love them - Bless them - how old is Amy?
..she is 14 Sweep
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Wow! Bless her heart
My Sweep will be 10 years old on 2nd October, but he acts older(much!) My OH went to stay in France with the owners of Sweep's Dad whos is still very active and he is 15 yrs great age for a Golden Retriever
Meg
Supervisor

19-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Wow! Bless her heart
My Sweep will be 10 years old on 2nd October, but he acts older(much!) My OH went to stay in France with the owners of Sweep's Dad whos is still very active and he is 15 yrs great age for a Golden Retriever
15 Sweep thats good for a GR..
my Bro has one aged 10 and she is like a puppy still
Poor Sweepy.. dogs are like us all different..I have my senile days too I bet Sweepy is qute happy though in his own little life and routine .As Dibley rightly says the oddies are rather special. They ask so little of us.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

20-08-2005, 03:51 AM
The oldies are such absolute treasures

There is a bit in this article about Canine Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome (which most of them get to some degree) which may be of interest Sweep: http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/the...dog_13176.html
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2005, 08:07 AM
Thanx Shadowboxer I have seen the link before, think you sent it to me a while ago, thanx again anyway. Sweep maybe senile but it suits him :smt049
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

20-08-2005, 09:29 AM
Bless him Those odd little habits which come with aging can be very endearing So long as they are happy who cares about their idiosyncratic ways?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >