Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 07:05 AM

Phew! Fostering Harry

As many of you know, we've taken on a short term foster - a Boxer boy called Harry (pics in their own thread).

He is a big lump of Boxer sloppiness, and a cracking dog.

We met him and his owner on Saturday for a walk - all dogs were off lead and got on fine.

I picked him up Sunday afternoon, and I was in tears, watching his owner cry as he put him in my car

We let him have a good run and sniff round the garden before introducing the boys seperately to him.

Basically, he gets on well with each of them alone, but when all 3 are together, Murphy winds up both older boys and yesterday they had a little fight

Murphy instigated it, then moved off and let Max do his 'protective' thing. We seperated them, only a little bit of blood drawn, no actual bite marks etc.

We decided to take Murphy to Anna's (their breeder and my best friend) for the night, so that Max and Harry could be calm together. So off Murphy went to play with Anna's dogs and we re-introduced Max and Harry.

Apart from the fact that I am not letting them have toys or food together, they are fine. They are having pee-ing competitions in the garden (so typically male!) and slept together last night in the kitchen.

I'm seperating them when I go to work today (Harry in the kitchen, Max in the rest of downstairs) just in case.

Hopefully Harry has got a 'proper' foster home to go to tonight or tomorrow, so won't be here too long and will be rehomed quickly.

He really is a cracking dog, and will make someone a damned fine pet.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 10:10 AM
I had to laugh about the ''one dog here anfd the other there'' but it's typical isn't it.

I've seen the photo's he' cracking.....well done to you Hope he finds a home soon.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I had to laugh about the ''one dog here anfd the other there'' but it's typical isn't it.

I've seen the photo's he' cracking.....well done to you Hope he finds a home soon.
Yep, I just don't trust either of them 100% to leave them together! Am heading back home at lunchtime to check on them....
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Awww, well done for helping him out. Hope he gets a permanent home soon. LOL about the peeing competitions!!