Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2004, 11:16 PM

tricks

ive been teaching indie new tricks... like twist, Andaley (rear up), raising each paw seperate as many times as i can with hand signals, lay etc etc. Anyway, was tryin to get her to raise her paws 3 times, and on second time she did a twist, reared up then lay down.. its really funny watching her, like shes not sure wot quite to do for this yummy treat, which was a shortbread biccie thing

ah the joy of dogs
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2004, 12:42 AM
aw bless her i bet that was funny to watch. max knows 'paw' and then 'other one' but he sometimes goes a bit over the top and looks like he is doing the can can! my friends dog is fab and he knows all these tricks and she says to him 'paw' for example and then she says do something else so he will bark and she says no do something else so he plays dead or something he is amazing to watch i havent taught max anything new for ages i think i will make a start after xmas as i think the poor thing is a bit bored of all this wrapping paper mummy looking stressed and running around malarkey
afc101
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-12-2004, 10:16 AM
Lola knows sit, paw, and spin around. Its quite funny when she gets to excited and tried to do all three at once My OH is taking the credit for teaching her to clap although I’m dubious about that one as she was playing with our youngest son teaching him a claping game and Lola started trying to copy them by waving both paws in the air.

One question for the experts here is whats the best way to get her to lay?, I’m having trouble with that one
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2004, 10:28 AM
rightly or wrongly, i taught Jazz to lay, by putting a treat in my hand and putting my hand as a fist on the the floor and kept saying 'down', she wanted the treat inside and eventually she would lay down to try and get it, as she hit the deck i praised her, she soon got the knack and now i just have to point to the floor and she goes down
Be warned when you first start this they try to dig the treat out of your hand an it hurts but its worth the patience and effort
afc101
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-12-2004, 11:37 AM
Thaks Emma, I'll try that tonight
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2004, 12:59 PM
If your having problems doing it that way you can do this.

Sit on your heels but stretch one leg out, put the treat in your hand and get the dog to go under your outstretched leg. The dog automatically has to hit the deck to get under your leg as soon as it hits the deck praise and give the treat.

Just remember to move your leg before the dog get's up again

Jas can do the basics but we haven't quite mastered the paw thing yet
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2004, 01:17 PM
I'll apologise before I start but I am so proud of our Mollie I cannot stop myself crowing about her !

She has instictively tried to help me when my disability is bad by helping me get out of my chair and up from the floor if I fall and with just a little help from my husband she has learnt to help me make a bed, she gets washing out of the machine and puts it in the tumble dryer, when the dryer is finished she takes it out again. She lets me know if the phone is ringing and will bring it to me if I ask for it. Her latest "trick" is she can open our garden gate to let me in and out if I am in my chair and close it behind me.

After all that she still has time and energy for playing almost non stop with Duncan our yorkie !
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2004, 01:23 PM
Wow Julie that's brilliant!

She's a very clever dog adn I would be proud of her aswell
afc101
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-12-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by Julie
I'll apologise before I start but I am so proud of our Mollie I cannot stop myself crowing about her !

She has instictively tried to help me when my disability is bad by helping me get out of my chair and up from the floor if I fall and with just a little help from my husband she has learnt to help me make a bed, she gets washing out of the machine and puts it in the tumble dryer, when the dryer is finished she takes it out again. She lets me know if the phone is ringing and will bring it to me if I ask for it. Her latest "trick" is she can open our garden gate to let me in and out if I am in my chair and close it behind me.

After all that she still has time and energy for playing almost non stop with Duncan our yorkie !
Thats amazing :smt041
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2004, 04:59 PM
wow mollie is very special and max looks put out when i make him do anything
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >