Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2022, 08:47 AM

Twinkling Thursday 8th December 2022

Morning all. Yep the sun is twinkling on the heavy frost that we had last night but it is going fast with the sun on it. Shame really cos' it looks so pretty. Hope you all had a good evening and night. Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2022, 09:52 AM
Good morning Brenda have a good day

Yes it is freezing out there. No school run this morning thank goodness but back again this afternoon and evening. Teazle walked but not happy as I put her coat on

Kelly go back to the doctor if you are still unwell.

Hope you and Gorden are now well Lynn.

Take care
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2022, 10:01 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Similar weather here too brenda.

Gorden has just estimated through our smart meter device we have used £114 of gas last month. We kept the thermostat at 19. Normally it runs at 20 or 21. Seems however hard you try the cost is going up and up.
Did our covid tests. Gorden still positive on day 8 the line is fainter but very definitely there, mine a bit fainter but still there.
We have 5 more days to get negative so we can take over Freya sitting again. Fingers crossed it is causing Mark and Lauren a headache.

griff hoping you are feeling better today and have nothing planned except resting.
Sue hope you have a calmer day today.
Chris hope all is quiet for a while for you and that you are enjoying the cafe breakfasts.
Kazz hope you have a good day. Life sounds good to you.
No I don't think Mark and Lauren will move this way unless a brilliant job with great pay came up. They rent Lauren's mum's house until she retires and it is a nice large 3 bed in a lovely area of Brampton in Cambridge, and you can walk down a track into the countryside and fishing lakes.
It is a very short drive to where they work too so a bonus. Plus Freya starts nursery one day a week in a very nice nursery on the way to where they work 4th January.
If anything it would be us moving which we considered and had the bungalow valued but we would find it hard to find anything as nice as we have and in our price range in the area.
That's why we decided to stay put and do the things here as we like the bungalow no neighbour issues and the park and station on our doorstep if needed.
We can walk into town and onto the industrial estate to Tesco and B&M and we have Sainsbury and Lidl in the town too plus other little shops. Two post offices within walking distance also.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2022, 12:22 PM
Oh my word Michael our youngest has just messaged me saying instead of giving him his Christmas money this year he would like us to donate food and clothing to a/some charities here in the UK
He has been reading about the plight of some of the families unable to pay their heating bills and going without food.
We give him £100 he has blown me away. Tears in my eyes moment I know they are both caring boys but wow so proud.
He says he doesn't need it so would like to help others and give his Christmas money to charity.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2022, 04:00 PM
Good afternoon all

Computer issues so now back online after a day of hair pulling

Michael sounds like a very good lad Lynn. You are rightly proud. Hope the covid issues clear up soon

Freezing here today with all the puddles just ice

Gary had a fit earlier. Fortunately the Care Manager was with him at the time. She's not seen a fit like it before so came to me on Messenger. Unfortunately, I was using the tablet and the sound wasn't working. She could hear me, but I couldn't hear her. We were watching on the camera though so I was able to talk her through it. He doesn't remember it or Hayley being there (there was a repair man in). He's always totally confused after a fit.

Now, on with more downloads
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-12-2022, 04:40 PM
couple of jobs today. First the epson printer came up saying the sponges that took ink excess needing needed replacing so the printer didn't work, well it is 9 yrs old. I knew nothing about this so had to go to youtube to see where and what needed doing. found a company that sells replacement sponge so placed order and remove old and it all had perished, just waiting for replacement now.

Also got new computer up and running with windows11 thanks to my son Ben who built it for me. Just spend time dowloading a few items and got it how I wanted it. Have to say the sound is amazing now and stereo is out of this world.

Just been next door to help a neigbour add his photo to a disabled application form so my good deed for the day

Been frosty all day on a couple of house roofs and cold weather and me don't go well together
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2022, 04:51 PM
Sorry about Gary Chris hope he is now recovering well and sorry about the laptop It never rains but it pours.
Glad your PC is up and running Barry and that you are pleased and well done helping your neighbour.

We are so proud of them both.
Michael is lucky he has a very good well paid job as does Maca, no children just their little dog Charlie and they have a very nice life and are grateful for it.
Mark will undoubtedly need his Christmas money as will Lauren as they have Freya and of course even if not home for Christmas Joel will not be forgotten.
He is also very caring and would help anyone in need.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2022, 05:48 PM
I went back to the walk in centre, 5 hour wait but not accepting new patients so to call the GP or 111, I know what I need and luckily the receptionist at the Dr helped me. There was then a palava with tablets but managed to get that sorted but no drops until tomorrow
Lol....me rest!! I never get the chance to rest anyway. Had to go and find Steve to give him some mouth wash for his tooth, then needed to get a couple of bits but I am very very tired
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2022, 06:15 PM
Lynn, I had to pay for a couple of bits for a lady in Iceland, she bipped her card and the lad said declined so she started putting stuff back and the payment went through them, I asked did she want the stuff? She said it was o.k but I said if she wanted it, I was happy to pay...so I did. Only a few quid but it was sad to see as she had a little lad with her, I can remember that happening with us as kids so decided to make sure he had a good memory, not a bad one. I think there's going to be a lot of people struggling, my overdraft is huge but I will get it cleared eventually but you can't see someone going without food
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2022, 07:02 PM
Good grief griff 5 hour wait. Glad you seem to of got sorted to a point anyway.

It's getting so bad for some.
I spoke to a lady at the baby bank in Wisbech to ask if they accept clothes for older children and she said yes we have plenty for babies and toddlers very little for 5 upwards.
Guess people only think babies when they see a baby bank. She said they have a family they are working with a 6 year old girl and a 9 year old boy, I said we can't get out at the moment due to covid but will think about that.
We will definitely be putting baby formula in the collection bins or at our local Trussel trust collection point as it was reported some parents are watering down formula to make it go further or feeding porridge to very young babies.
I bet you made her day. I have done this in the past I know what it's like to have to count every penny while going round the supermarket and adding it up as you go round and the worry of your card being declined. Even though you know you have some money in the bank even if only enough.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >