Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-12-2004, 11:09 AM

For Dreamon Christmas starter

Dreamon here are a couple of ideas for you..both light and easy to prepare..and fun to eat
1) Tropical fruit platter
arrange thin slices of melon,pineapple,grapefruit, mango,kiwi and a few lychees on a large platter or tray,give everyone a plate and let them help themselves. None of the fruits discolour so can be sliced a couple of hours in advance covered with cling film and put in the fridge. Have a seperate plate with lemon wedges and a bowl of sugar.
2) Prawn platter
I use prawns in their shells they tast so much better and keep people busy for ages but not so good with littlees but grown ups can help .You can buy frozen in shells which may be better as you will not be using the fresh the same day ( Wairose frozen in shells are good other SMs do them too,take out to thaw in the fridge the night before) or M and S large frozen without shells they are not too bad.
Arrange the outside of a large plater or tray with lettuce and cucumber and lemon slices . Place the prawns in the middle. make up two dips one lemon and mayo the other with ginger/garlic/soy/chilli/lemon(or lime). Give everyone a plate and little bowl of each dip (I use egg cups for this peeps can bring their own and you can cut up napkins and make little collars to match the table, if you have a lot of people try throw away cups cut down) finger bowls are good too,I use glass fruit bowls with a slice of lemon and warm water. If you need more info PM me. Bon Appetit
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2004, 10:24 PM
ooh that sounds yummy
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-12-2004, 10:58 PM
wow they sound great, thank you so much
Annestaff
Supervisor