Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
Just out of intrest if both your's are spayed/castrated who do you show?
I dont show anything at the moment.

I never showed Bandit, I have said before he was never good enough.

Millie I showed up till she was around 18 mths I think, she had 2 phantoms, and has eye trouble, so I had her spayed, her health was more important.

She did very well in the ring, she was a performer..she loved to show off.her movement was wonderful.

Oh sorry, I do show my friends dogs at times, not for the last 12 mths though.

but I still take an interest in the show righ, you can usually find me sitting round the Boxer ring at some Champ /Open shows, chatting to friends, and keeping up with whos what and all that.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Has Millie by any chance marbelton in her blood ? As I've a couple and they love the camera and to show them selves off.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Has Millie by any chance marbelton in her blood ? As I've a couple and they love the camera and to show them selves off.
I know what you mean Zb , As soon as i get camera out beau there like a little diva , And she as you know is from M arbleton lines xxdk
horses01466
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I dont show anything at the moment.

I never showed Bandit, I have said before he was never good enough.

Millie I showed up till she was around 18 mths I think, she had 2 phantoms, and has eye trouble, so I had her spayed, her health was more important.

She did very well in the ring, she was a performer..she loved to show off.her movement was wonderful.

Oh sorry, I do show my friends dogs at times, not for the last 12 mths though.

but I still take an interest in the show righ, you can usually find me sitting round the Boxer ring at some Champ /Open shows, chatting to friends, and keeping up with whos what and all that.
I am not trying to be rude, but i am so surprised, after all your input.in this discussion .. you have only shown one dog for 18 months... i am rather disppointed....I thought you were a very experienced Boxer shower/handler
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by horses01466 View Post
I am not trying to be rude, but i am so surprised, after all your input.in this discussion .. you have only shown one dog for 18 months... i am rather disppointed....I thought you were a very experienced Boxer shower/handler

I agree it is a bit like someone knowing all there is to know about breeding after only breeding one litter.

No offence.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 05:24 PM
But she only has 2 dogs at the moment.... what's to say that Jackie hasn't shown for many more years than that with other dogs?
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
But she only has 2 dogs at the moment.... what's to say that Jackie hasn't shown for many more years than that with other dogs?
But it say's she has showed other dog's but not for a while.
But even at that I myself thought she had been showing for years and years.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 05:28 PM
One of my trainers is a Boxer owner/show-er.... but she hasn't actively showed for about 3 years due to ill health, nor does she currently own any dogs herself (due to the same ill health) however, I would still class her as a Boxer-show-er, even if it's 5 years since she was in the ring...
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2008, 06:22 PM
yes she does.

You can be a rude as you like,

I agree it is a bit like someone knowing all there is to know about breeding after only breeding one litter.

No offence.
Believe me none taken

Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
One of my trainers is a Boxer owner/show-er.... but she hasn't actively showed for about 3 years due to ill health, nor does she currently own any dogs herself (due to the same ill health) however, I would still class her as a Boxer-show-er, even if it's 5 years since she was in the ring...
I have been around Boxers for as long as I can remember, have had and still have many Boxer /breeder/ show friends, who have shown,and still do, I dont claim to know it all, but I do know what is expected in the Boxer world of showing.

There is a saying, quality not quantity.... one does not have to have been showing or breeding for yrs to be knowledgeable at it....it is what you learn and what you put into practice that counts.

I have shown other breeds for friends as well as Boxers, they must have had a little confidence in my ability to handle their dogs....I hope they did anyway.

If you want to have a go with Murph, go for it, it is a sport that is highly enjoyable, start small at opens, get the feel, as long as you enjoy it , thats all that matters....

Not every dog is Champion stock (all breeds) at the end of the day, the handler is taking the best dog home. They are having fun, if it is not fun, it is time to stop.

Good luck, if I can help you give me a shout!!
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Imo and I could be wrong, but his muzzle is a little thin not to greatly broad, as I expect it should be, not alot but a wee bit. he needs to be a wee bit heavier not much but a couple of kilos but as he is still I expect 9 months or so then the wieght will come as he develops, now this is JMO so don't take it to heart he has a nice overall shape and I would like to see him do well.
Only just caught up with this. Murphy is very stocky for his age I think. I couldn't believe the size of him when I saw him at the weekend! Good luck Shelley, he's a gorgeous boy
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >