Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-12-2007, 11:53 PM

Extra Ocular Myositis

My beautiful daughter, Sapphire has just been diagnosed with this insidious disease - has anyone else has any experience of it ? The web has almost nothing.

A very sad,

Thalice-Malice
:smt049
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Hi

I'm guessing that by daughter you mean one of your dogs?

Anyway, have had a quick look on the 'net and found this page:

Extraocular Myositis

So sorry Sapphire has this condition, I hope that this info helps a bit and that you can work something out.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2007, 12:31 AM
There is some very positive prognosis info here

http://www.gsdhelpline.com/myositis.htm

here

http://books.google.com/books?id=GuT...#PRA1-PA127,M1
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2007, 01:33 PM
Thank you for your replies, our mum found the GSD helpline site the most encouraging. Sapphire has been on very high doses of Predniselone (50mg per day) and has been very depressed. These are being reduced now and she is feeling a bit more cheerful. We hope she can get back to 'normal', however we were hoping she was going to be our first champion and that she was going to be able to have puppies. Our vet cant tell us if she will be able to have puppies as he cant say if this was hormonally related, plus we dont want her to have a flare up whilst she is in whelp as it could not be treated. It is supposed to be immune mediated but none of the family have immune mediated problems common in English Setters as mum was very careful with our husbands. We would really like to speak to someone else who has has experience of this disease,

Many thanks

Thalice-Malice
Engish Setter
Age 10
:smt049