Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2016, 05:36 AM

Daily thread Thursday 29th December 2016

Morning all. So sorry to hear your sad news Eileen. Enjoy the party on Friday it will help all of you. Will pop in again sometime.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-12-2016, 07:12 AM
Morning brenda and all who follow.

Eileen so sorry to hear about your mum. Hugs to you and all the family.
Hard to believe the twins are 1. Have a lovely party and mum will be there watching over you all I am sure.

We have Joel for the day today so we have to get Dillon some food and then onto a garden centre and then we will try to find a tackle shop to get him some lures he may get a little time fishing depending how long all this takes.
Tomorrow it seems he will be going back to Donna he will stay with Mark during the day and be dropped off in the evening. Mark is meant to be staying in Essex so it will save him coming here then back again.
Of course none if us want it but there is no choice at this time. Unless they all decided to find jobs and re-locate here which none of them wish to do. So no choice.
Must admit it will be nice to have our bed back and a few days to do what we like.
Also it won't hurt her to have him for few days before returning to school. Mark has paid diesel out and time travelling for him we have fed another mouth for nothing extra we do not expect it from Mark with his situation at the moment he is managing to tick over with what he has earnt for his few bills and diesel and getting Joel what he needs but her she gets the family allowance expects everyone to turn their lives upside down and doesn't give a penny.
Makes my blood boil.

Anyway on that note hope everyone is well and all our four legged friends.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2016, 07:54 AM
Good Morning everyone,

Eileen, I am so sorry to hear your mum lost her fight but at least she is not suffering anymore and as you say is back with your dad or so we like to believe and I am sure it's true.

June, Glad the girls were good last night. Just want your car to behave now and all will be fine.

Lynn, hope Mark and Joel have a safe journey to Essex and she treats Joel a bit better now he is back 'home'

Have a good day everyone stay warm and dry and above all safe and well.
God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2016, 10:22 AM
Eileen I am so sorry to hear your news, a sad time for all of you. The party I am sure will bring a lot of tears and laughter and the family will always be the family.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2016, 11:03 AM
Good morning everyone

I am sorry to read the news about your mum Eileen. Sincere condolences to you and the family. I hope the girls party brings many tears of joy and happiness for you all as I am sure your mum would want you to celebrate the day.

Hope you and Deags are feeling better today Griff.

Hope Joel enjoys his final day with you Lynn and gets to do a bit of fishing.

Lovely day here but very frosty first thing. Washing on line, Tesco run done so now set for the weekend and hopefully beyond for a while.

Have a good day and stay safe and warm
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2016, 01:14 PM
Eileen, so very sorry for your loss
Lynn, so sad that Joel has to go back to that woman...lets hope 2017 is the year it all falls into place for you all
Deags hasn't been sick yet today...yay!!! I have the lurgy, seen the Dr and my pulse Ws 124...ooopps
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2016, 03:15 PM
Oh Griff, glad Deags is a bit better but sorry to hear you are not. Going to have to take better care of you.

Eileen forgot to wish the twins a happy Birthday. I am sure your mum will be there with you in spirit, God bless.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-12-2016, 03:56 PM
Very cold and frosty here. Got girls out either on the river or along the wooded part of the river bank. Lona plunged into the water without a moments thought, honest I do worry she'll have a heart attack or something doing that, but she seems absolutely fine, so I need to let her continue being herself for as long as she can.
Griff, hoping you look after yourself as well as you have been looking after Deags, great news she looks as though the sickness has passed, and once you get the new food through from the suppliers I'm sure she will start showing a definite improvement.
Lynn, Child Benefit is a decent sum nowadays as well isn't.I used to get 10/- a week for the 2nd child I think, 50p in new money. It did go up to a more realistic sum, but as I worked I wasn't entitled to anything at all apart from the basic child benefit.
Yard was desperate for a good clean, outside tap was frozen but managed to get the hose going in the end, so everything smells and looks nice.
Got the fire lit, it is so cold this afternoon, its either just above freezing or below I think. Should have gone for my new tyre but worried about driving with my exhaust hanging off, will get the welding done first and then go for the tyre tomorrow.
Big hugs Eileen, hope to see you again soon
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2016, 04:18 PM
Just finished walking Amber. Not so frosty as it was first thing this morning but I still managed to get frozen.

June be careful with your car. You, Lynn and Griff all suffer with having to meet these costs that keep popping up without any welcome.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-12-2016, 04:23 PM
Its already beginning to freeze again now its going dark. Put the girls heatlamps on again for them, they are all tucked up and not a sign of them.
Their tea of sardines, veg, bio yogurt and cottage cheese is ready for them and they can have an apple each for afters.
Thrown another log on the fire as well, it must be cold if this house is cold because its normally really warm especially once the fire gets going.
Moyra, I get my state pension tomorrow as the post offices are closed on Monday, also my works pension as the 1st is a Sunday, so it will come in tomorrow, I will pay everyone, do my shopping and it will be gone Once the brakes are done, exhaust sorted and tyre on, I'm hoping thats it for a while.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >