Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 07:31 AM

Heatwave + School Holidays + Bank Holidays = Babylon

I have finally caved in. Set the alarm for silly o`clock and in all school holdays and Bank Holidays will walk before the families from hell descend on Sunny Southend to be obnoxious for the day.
I can`t help hoping that August will be a Monsoon Season.
Children, I don`t mind. It`s the parents......
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I have finally caved in. Set the alarm for silly o`clock and in all school holdays and Bank Holidays will walk before the families from hell descend on Sunny Southend to be obnoxious for the day.
I can`t help hoping that August will be a Monsoon Season.
Children, I don`t mind. It`s the parents......
Ahh yes those blessed angels (children I mean) who have their water pistols out and spray people who are driving with their windows open - wonderful. The country parks are going to be full of them...brilliant - looks like I am too going to have to set my alarm for silly o'clock.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Its the parents here too that drive us mad, especially the ones watching thier children doing damage and just smile at them
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Yep - we're being highly highly selective where we walk at the moment and going nowhere near anywhere remotely popular.

Poor dog's not getting his daily quota of chasing after squirrels!

I'm going to hell though - woman dragged her kid to have a poo in the woods the other day, and, fed up with all the flack and being regarded as personally responsible for every turd within a 10 mile radius because I own a dog, I did loudly comment that did she want a poo bag to pick that up?
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 07:59 AM
I took Keiko to the park yesterday after work and there were people there. Not walking dogs, just hanging around. I was disgusted! The park is clearly for the use of myself and fellow dog owners with sociable hounds, not shirtless chavs and their offspring.

Then I took the others for a long walk and there were literally millions of joggers! How dare people exercise themselves when I am trying to exercise my dogs! How rude! It's the major downside of summer.
SuperflyBadger
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-04-2011, 08:11 AM
And don't get me started on the piles of litter and half eaten food that they cannot be bothered to put in the bins - so even getting up at silly o'clock - these people and there annoying lazy habits - still affect the walk - given my boys will snaffle anything and everything that they have left behind!!!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 08:41 AM
I remember we drove down midweek quite late to Southend week before last when the weather was nice- I told OH to turn around and drive home when I saw all those people!!!

Thankfully having a horse means I am up early and around later than most people lol!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 09:11 AM
oh aye got the works yesterday..children,chavs and their da sbt's(soz peeps)that dont come out the rest of the year, half eaten food etc.... its no fair

on the plus side chatted with a lovely() group of lads(bit young for me,but very easy on the eye lol) about Tupac
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
oh aye got the works yesterday..children,chavs and their da sbt's(soz peeps)that dont come out the rest of the year, half eaten food etc.... its no fair

on the plus side chatted with a lovely() group of lads(bit young for me,but very easy on the eye lol) about Tupac
Awww Layla - you made me chuckle

Yes the SBT's and other bull breeds will more than likely get more bad press this year, not that they need it.. Poor things.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
I took Keiko to the park yesterday after work and there were people there. Not walking dogs, just hanging around. I was disgusted! The park is clearly for the use of myself and fellow dog owners with sociable hounds, not shirtless chavs and their offspring.

Then I took the others for a long walk and there were literally millions of joggers! How dare people exercise themselves when I am trying to exercise my dogs! How rude! It's the major downside of summer.
LOL! I feel the same way. The mass of joggers are a bit of an issue when you have a dog that wants to chase and knock them over.

I purposely go out of my way to avoid people on warm days in the school holidays.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >