Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2021, 08:53 AM

Daily thread 24th November 2021

Morning all
Bright and early start for me today, not off to a brilliant start, I have just fallen up the steps in the back garden, I now have a lovely massive bruise on my leg and a very sore wrist... using crutches is going to be interesting!!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2021, 09:02 AM
Moved to Griff thread
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2021, 09:04 AM
Moved this to Griffs thread

Good Morning Dogsey World.

Bit overcast here but going to be a good day I feel I am off work today may go to Asda and do a shop but to be honest may hold off till I am holiday week after next and therefore changing the day of my monthly shop EXCITING eh?

I did mention in my "lost" post yesterday I am going to do one of the 20 minute chef challenges from Professional MasterChef today will be Poussin part of my thought pattern is I look at lots of different veg and fruit and do not buy get my usual oranges apples etc but they use fruit and veg in ways I would be happy to try.

Lynn So pleased the Pardale is helping hope it continues. Is your son coming over from Spain?

Brenda You are ahead of me with Harry Potter for some reason I thought it would be on "free/accessible" TV bet I don't have the channel either then.

Sue Are you on countdown to the girls coming how on earth will he manage school runs and as well as pre and after school care on his own with work and his reluctant early rising and when do the rest of the family arrive?

Chris Did you ever get the camera for your lad? and how are your Christmas preparations coming on?

Moyra Hope all is good with you?

Griff Hope you are feeling better are your parents ever at home LOL?

Have a good day everyone catch you all later.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2021, 09:44 AM
https://www.radiotimes.com/movies/ha...-release-date/
To be honest Kazz don't think it will be that exciting. Have a good day all. Hope you haven't broken anything Kelly. Byee.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2021, 11:43 AM
Good morning everyone

Ouch Kelly do hope you aren't too badly hurt

Yes on countdown now. They arrive in England on the 6th December - the same day the beds arrive Ben will go to the airport and I will wait for the beds. I think he will be alright with the morning school run but I expect it will fall on me to collect them. They are good children and will happily settle to watch tv or use their social media. All that after homework of course. Unfortunately it is the wrong time of year to come home from school and go out on bikes or to the play area but they have that to look forward to.

Day off from house today. Done the monthly shop, walked Teazle and made a lasagna for lunch. Barry has his booster this afternoon so no peace for the wicked!

Hope all are well. TKE CARE
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-11-2021, 12:07 PM
Afternoon everyone from a cold and miserable grey day in the fens.
Not such a good night last night we decided to go to bed and he woke within two hours so the light sedative is looking more likely.
Gorden got trapped on the sofa when he came in, he lays across it on the floor so you can't get off.
He slept from 4 am till 7 am in the garden.
Yes if no lockdowns Michael will be coming over for Christmas this year and possibly Maca.

Oh no griff ouch hope you heal soon.
Not sure about a day off Sue, another busy day in a different way.
Kazz enjoy the chefs challenge.

Stay safe everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2021, 01:28 PM
Good afternoon all

Murky day out there, but still not too bad for our walk around. Quite enjoyed it.

Aw, Kelly. That sounds painful. X-ray may be in order don't you think?

Hope the timings come together for your grandkids arriving Sue. I bet you are so excited that they are coming.

Camera went back in when he broke his nose Kazz. Got the care manager to back me up that it had to go in because he doesn't have an allotted carer other than me and his dad. Christmas is in the freezer and all presents bought so we are sorted. Only things left are the fresh stuff that we'll either get or not depended on Tesco

Lynn, so disappointed for you all that Dillon had another not so good night. So frustrating for him as well as you
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-11-2021, 01:31 PM
Wow Chris Christmas sorted.

Yes disappointing but hoping the Gabapentin will do the trick he will take that just before bedtime and the Pardale for breakfast and lunch times. Last try if this doesn't work it is something we are going to be dealing with till we lose him.
I must admit one more thing to try is keeping us going as we thought we had exhausted all ideas.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2021, 06:41 PM
Lynn, I had Kota on gabapentin and she's only 16kg.....was on 2 twice a day and they had zero sedative effect on her .......but, she is a complete lunatic.
Chris, pleased you got a you need for Christmas. I think I am o.k and wouldn't like to waste anyone's time ...I am going for my iron infusion next week so can say something then.
Kazz, hope you enjoyed the cooking
Sue, I am sure your grand children will settle just fine
Daft comment of the day from my dad.....mum told him I fell up the steps, he said "why did you do that" like I had an option lol.
Steve has been looking at cars, I have been looking at cars, I look at convertibles....he says no
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-11-2021, 08:44 PM
Not expecting miracles griff but living in hope something might let us all get a good night's sleep again.
He's out like a light at the moment same as every evening but that's because we are still up.
Sounds like your dad has a habit of putting his foot in it.
Convertibles lovely for the Summer, must say in this day and age hard tops are best, when Gorden use to drive into London and leave the car parked outside the house where he rented the room he would only go for a hard top due to the car break ins not sure what it's like your way.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >