Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2021, 08:06 AM

Cheer Up Monday 15th November 2021

Morning all. Hope all is well with you Moyra. Everyone else to. Have a good day. Dry at the moment. Off for my wander now as it isn't raining. bg!!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2021, 09:07 AM
Good morning Breda and all who follow

Hope you enjoy your walk

Pleased you are feeing better Chris.

Poor you Kelly I do hope your neighbour problem is sorted soon.

Poor Barry not knowing anything unless he reads it here The thing is we do tell him things and either he isn't listening or he forgets, but no we never told him!

Up late this morning but have still managed to walk Teazle on time. Yesterday went well. Managed to tile the wall behind the hob which wasn't easy as a lot of sockets to tile round. Just the long wall now over the sink and Ben will be ready to grout. Unfortunately I did not manage to paint any walls again. We also pulled in the fibre cable for BT now just hope it is not too much for them to fix to the walls and connect each end. If they expect us to do that then what are we paying them for

Hope all are well. Take care.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2021, 09:26 AM
Morning all
Lol Sue, madness what companies expect you to do!
Chris, pleased you are on the upward curve
Brenda.... hope you don't end up doing what I usually do...chuck it and then want it a few days later
She's been at it again this morning...but it was the mother, Kota is shaking like a leaf
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2021, 09:33 AM
Kelly I have a theory, I have done it for years. Mind you I don't have the places now that things started from and ended up in and then got either recycled to charity or binned if I hadn't looked for them. But I still have this theory that if it has been in a box for the year since I have been here then I don't need it. Makes sense to me. But then I am getting befuddled by the minute. lol!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2021, 12:33 PM
Well, called the letting agent, my mum and dad had been gone 5 minutes and the music started, they know fine well I am here, I called and asked for the person who deals with that address..... obviously it's a let property so they know it's a "problem"...sorry, they are busy, give me your name and number and they will call you..... obviously I don't want the owners getting my number, so I told the person at the end of the phone the issue.....and said it's affecting 3 properties and someone needs to have a word with her. Again wanting my name and number....I gave my name, but refused my number. I spoke to my nice neighbour and said I had done it and she said that she was going to get her daughter to call as well as they way we can't be accused of bullying their tenant ( the owners)...I know that both other houses will confirm how bad she has been.
Left the dogs...went out, Kota began barking so, I just opened the porch door and shouted to shut up which she duly did.....I left her another 10 minutes and came back whilst she was quiet.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2021, 01:13 PM
Afternoon all.
Weather bright and cold here today.
Done the housework and resting bad night with Dillon, I was silly and went to bed and then up in two hours and he didn't settle properly till around 3 am. We had to be up at 5 am as Gorden has school visits this week and needs to leave by 6 am.
His turn tonight he is doing 3 days so another early start Wednesday and Friday.
Guess what turned up here earlier ??? The parcel that was sent to Michael and Maca in July they obviously didn't go to the post office there to collect it so it's turned up here.
If they are coming for Christmas they can have the bits then only little bits so can pop them in their suitcases, sweets will undoubtedly be eaten when they are here.

brenda hope the walk went well and stayed dry.
Sue I hope BT finish the job they are being paid to do.
griff what a nightmare, I hope they are read the riot act. It's unsocial behaviour and should be dealt with.

Keep safe everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2021, 04:16 PM
Good job they are coming ovr Lynn!!
I doubt the letting agent will do anything, we are thinking about a combined letter to the letting agent from the 3 houses and sending a copy to our councillor too.
On a plus....mended a lawnmower and that was with struggling without my tools as my toolbox has gone missing!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2021, 04:34 PM
Might help if like you say the three of you do a combined letter to the agent.
Oh dear wonder where that has gone, well done for fixing the mower without it.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2021, 05:28 PM
Good evening all.

A mix of a day, one minute dull, next sunshine. Temperature ranged from 8 degrees to 16 degrees this morning during our 2 hour walk about. Strange morning

Gary came with us today. For some reason, I'm flavour of the month at the moment, but, then again, he still isn't back friends with the deaf girl. Ah well, I'll take what I can get

Sorted out a few phone calls this afternoon, but not much else. I'm debating, do I sort out the front bedroom ready for my youngest popping over in December tonight while the footie is on or read my book. Mmmm, decisions, decisions
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2021, 06:09 PM
Book Chris can always do the bedroom tomorrow.
Glad you are feeling better and that you are flavour of the month again.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >