Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2021, 11:44 AM

Daily thread 10th November 2021

Morning all
Chris, sending you very good wishes from us xx
Had my cousin messaging me until late on last night, her boyfriend told her they would be getting engaged this year....he has now back tracked and said they won't be. She has an eating disorder and she feels that's held her back and stopped her having the same as others......I did point out that I am older than her and she's doing much better than me.....I don't think she was happy with that response
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2021, 02:16 PM
Afternoon griff and all to follow.

Chris hope all is going /gone well today.
Oh dear griff hope things work our for your cousin.

Chrysler passed. AKA the Dillonmobile. 2 advisories, rear leaf pins I think to do with suspension showing they are starting to wear, mechanic said they have a good 5 years yet but because he could see very slight deterioration he has to put them down as an advisory, also will need a new front tyre. That we will do later this month or next month the suspension leaf pins possibly next year.
We are very happy as no worries about ferrying Dillon backwards and forwards.
We popped out to look at some Christmas decorations and had coffee and cake out.

Hope everyone is keeping well.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2021, 02:50 PM
Good afternoon Kelly, Lynn and all who follow

Hope all goes/has gone well Chris

Pleased the Dillon mobile passed its MOT Lynn

Spent the morning hanging around for DHL to pick p a package. Now done so have mown the lawn. Now drizzling. Made the Christmas cake which is now in the oven.

Hope all are well

Take care
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2021, 03:44 PM
Yay for the Dillonmobile!!!! Pleased you got out for cake too
Sue, I hate hanging around for things to be dropped off/ picked up
Just rejected a call from Steve...the buttons are the opposite way around on my new phone lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2021, 03:56 PM
I really should make a cake to Sue didn't last year. Mark and Lauren do not like cake and Michael couldn't visit. Hoping that might be different this year.
We like Christmas cake but seemed a bit pointless for the two of us.
Glad the parcel arrived and the lawn got mown before the drizzle.
Oh no griff.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2021, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I really should make a cake to Sue didn't last year. Mark and Lauren do not like cake and Michael couldn't visit. Hoping that might be different this year.
We like Christmas cake but seemed a bit pointless for the two of us.
Glad the parcel arrived and the lawn got mown before the drizzle.
Oh no griff.
Can you make smaller ones?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2021, 06:49 PM
I could do Kazz. Will have to get myself motivated.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2021, 09:11 PM
Good evening all and thanks so much for the good wishes. They worked and the op was a breeze.

Unfortunately, because of a shortage of staff and lack of beds, I was there longer than it should have taken (over 5 hours). Dave waited in the car park thinking the 3 hours wasn't worth going home (hours drive) and back (another hour). Worse still was he had to drive us back in the dark and neighter of us do night driving as it really is unsafe for us.

Nevertheless, we got home and apart from a bit of a twinge now and then, I'm fine. 2-3 week wait for the results and then hopefully find the correct treatment.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2021, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good evening all and thanks so much for the good wishes. They worked and the op was a breeze.

Unfortunately, because of a shortage of staff and lack of beds, I was there longer than it should have taken (over 5 hours). Dave waited in the car park thinking the 3 hours wasn't worth going home (hours drive) and back (another hour). Worse still was he had to drive us back in the dark and neither of us do night driving as it really is unsafe for us.

Nevertheless, we got home and apart from a bit of a twinge now and then, I'm fine. 2-3 week wait for the results and then hopefully find the correct treatment.
Fantastic news that's the trouble with winter shorter days but glad it went so well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2021, 10:33 PM
Chris, so glad everything went well and you both made it home safely, fingers crossed the results come through quickly and your treatment can begin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >