Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2021, 05:04 AM

Daily thread Sunday 6th November 2021

Good morning all.
Just been woken by that sound that all dog owners dread...a heaving dog....deags was just a little bit sick which in turn upset Kota. All sorted now and they are fast asleep again and I am wide awake, nevermind.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2021, 07:41 AM
So that's what woke me up. lol!! Morning Kelly, I have been up with the lark and done the washing that needed doing. Took it down the river with a large stone and hard soap. No not really, the machine did it for me. Nice of it wasn't it. So, I have seriously lost it, whatever that was. Do any of you find that? Have a good day all. Suns up.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2021, 08:54 AM
Good morning Kelly, Brenda and all who follow

Hope Dear is ok Kelly

Have a good day both of you whatever you have planned

Yes Kazz he has always been the same. Once I pushed him into the car in his pyjamas and school clothes and took him to school. He had to quickly get dressed on the way

Managed to buy and sofa and 5 beds yesterday. Beds will be delivered at the beginning of December - our choice of date - and the sofa not until the end of January. Never mind they will have beds and a table and chairs in the kitchen. Also Paul and I put the first coat of emulsion on one bedroom wall and Ben finished the gloss work on the top flight of stairs. Plan today is another coat on the bedroom and first on the other landing and stairwell.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2021, 12:28 PM
Good afternoon all from a bright and sunny Skeg

Covid test at the hospital this morning prior to the biopsy on Wednesday. 60 mile round trip for a two minute test

Bit of tidying and washing this afternoon and then the day is mine to try to get into the book I'm reading which is frankly rubbish

Hope Deags improves Kelly. They do worry us so
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-11-2021, 02:05 PM
Afternoon everyone.
We were popping out to garden centre for a wander and coffee but got diverted to see a pharmacist in Boots in town as Gorden has been complaining of sore skin for the last few days. Ibuprofen settled it, I looked today and there was a very small rash and I said I thought shingles.
Pharmacist confirmed and said to go to the minor injuries unit to have it made definite. We did and it is, mild hopefully as the Ibuprofen takes the uncomfortable pain away.
He has to ring the Dr tomorrow that will be fun seeing how long it will take to get through to get a prescription. If no luck by Wednesday ring 111 and they will make an outpatients appointment at the minor injuries for a Dr there to see him.
Mark is off work next week and Freya was due to come over with them but Gorden has been advised no contact with Freya, I am fine but in their home unless I start showing symptoms which if we're careful I shouldn't do.
I have told Mark and Lauren totally understand if they want Freya to avoid us both for a couple of weeks.
So all bedding changed and in the wash our own towels we usually share for hand drying and Gorden has to wear a t.shirt in bed.
We did get a quick turn around a garden centre but no coffee as time had run on in regards to leaving Dillon.

Hope Deags is ok now griff.
Sue glad you got some furniture or rather Ben did and you also got some work done on the house.
That's a long way Chris.

Stay safe everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2021, 02:17 PM
Chris, praying for a negative test for you
Sue, you were very busy again yesterday
Lynn, ouchhhhhh, I feel for Gorden, I get it on the roof of my mouth, my goodness it's absolutely dreadful
Brenda lol
Deags is fine but apologies all, I put the wrong date on the thread .....today is the 7th not the 6th....whooooops!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2021, 04:19 PM
I'll be very surprised if anything but negative, Kelly with how careful we are. Why the test couldn't have been done at Skegness Hospital is anyone's guess, but hey ho, it's done.

Shingles - nasty. Hope he's over them soon Lynn. I had three months of 'em a while ago. Strength sappers, uncomfortable and downright painful
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2021, 06:54 PM
Anyone waiting on their booster, from tomorrow it's a five month gap...not six