View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Not been said to me, but have had a relationship finish because he couldn't stand my commitment to my dogs. He would have had them in kennels at least once a week, NO WAY.

STEPH, THAT MUST HAVE BEEN HEART WRENCHING, I MIGHT NOT OF KILLED HIM BUT HE WOULD HAVE LEFT MINUS A FEW APPENDAGES.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 10:43 PM
The dogs are probably the reason I don't have a partner LOL.

But, I'd pick them over a man any day.
NCA1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-06-2011, 11:14 PM
It would be my animals every time... sorry! But then again, hopefully my OH would be someone who loves animals too- or at least is happy with/understands my love for them, and it wouldn't come to that sort of ultimatum!
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
To be fair to him though my old lady Tara detested him, he never did her wrong but she Oh she hated him
well, dogs are a good judge of character!

Thankfully, Mark is as mad about our animals as I am! If I was ever given that ultimatum, I wouldn't hesitate to send him packing.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 05:22 AM
Sorry just come back on this so wasn't ignoring anyone...

Toby was a 5 year old BC that I had from 8 weeks a beautiful boy....one of the very few males I have owned having always nearly had females. As a youngster he was a chewer but fortunately he got passed that, he even mothered our cats 3 kittens when she wanted to go out...she would put them with him on his bed (so sweet)
He adored the kids, although they were really babies in his time and neither remember much about him, but he would lie under Stevens pram when he was asleep and Gary used to rag him about abit (as toddlers do )

My marriage was to a bully with depressing periods in his life...seemed he had PMT's more than any woman I have ever known......he could be handy with fists, but he had spiteful moments, always complaining about anything and everything.

On the morning of the day Toby left us, we had a serious row, I did think about ringing in work sick, but I didn't (and that will stay forever with me) I should of done.....funny I can not even remember what the row was over now either...... but I came back home to a dogless house, at first I really thought it was a joke when he said ''that F***** dog has gone'' I rather hoped he meant he had just put him to be rehomed..........but sadly when I rang the vets in panick to stop it, sadly he was gone
In those days vets didn't ask for reasons if someone took them with a request to be PTS they were done...we are taking 30 years plus

I bought Toby for 5 pounds, he was put to sleep at 5pm and he was 5 years old 2 days before he died......5 was a very unlucky number for him and incase anyone ever wonders its something that never leaves you either, someone once said to me 'why hit someone and leave bruises that fade when you can do something that will haunt forever...................how right
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Sorry just come back on this so wasn't ignoring anyone...

Toby was a 5 year old BC that I had from 8 weeks a beautiful boy....one of the very few males I have owned having always nearly had females. As a youngster he was a chewer but fortunately he got passed that, he even mothered our cats 3 kittens when she wanted to go out...she would put them with him on his bed (so sweet)
He adored the kids, although they were really babies in his time and neither remember much about him, but he would lie under Stevens pram when he was asleep and Gary used to rag him about abit (as toddlers do )

My marriage was to a bully with depressing periods in his life...seemed he had PMT's more than any woman I have ever known......he could be handy with fists, but he had spiteful moments, always complaining about anything and everything.

On the morning of the day Toby left us, we had a serious row, I did think about ringing in work sick, but I didn't (and that will stay forever with me) I should of done.....funny I can not even remember what the row was over now either...... but I came back home to a dogless house, at first I really thought it was a joke when he said ''that F***** dog has gone'' I rather hoped he meant he had just put him to be rehomed..........but sadly when I rang the vets in panick to stop it, sadly he was gone
In those days vets didn't ask for reasons if someone took them with a request to be PTS they were done...we are taking 30 years plus

I bought Toby for 5 pounds, he was put to sleep at 5pm and he was 5 years old 2 days before he died......5 was a very unlucky number for him and incase anyone ever wonders its something that never leaves you either, someone once said to me 'why hit someone and leave bruises that fade when you can do something that will haunt forever...................how right:-(
i think that coud be the saddest thing I have ever read on here Steph (((((HUGS))))))

what an evil man he sounds.

MY oh has never said that as such, but I do remember a weird conversation we had where he asked if a robber kidnapped us and gave us an ultimatum to shoot him or the dog ..... who would i choose ??

LOL - I hummed and hawed and said that he was bigger so more likely to get a non fatal bullet wound than the dog....
he was so not impressed !!!! LOL

BUt no, he also knows that there is no way I would stand for that, and is secretly as big a woose when it comes to dogs as he hates when I tell him about rescue stories etc that are sad!!
Jofelicia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2011, 08:10 AM
[
I bought Toby for 5 pounds, he was put to sleep at 5pm and he was 5 years old 2 days before he died......5 was a very unlucky number for him and incase anyone ever wonders its something that never leaves you either, someone once said to me 'why hit someone and leave bruises that fade when you can do something that will haunt forever...................how right[/QUOTE]

That gave me goose pimples. x
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 09:21 AM
That would never happen in our house (thank God) - I really feel for anyone having been put into that situation by their partner, how very sad (and selfish) that they felt the need to put such an ultimatum on the table.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Clive wouldn't say it as he knows the answer

He sometimes says that I love Henry more than I love him, or give him more attention than he gets...I just smile and agree

On a serious note though, Clive was not a dog lover when I first met him, and we did have quite a few differences of opinion so a bit of a rocky relationship to start with. However, he grew to love Leon and now we have Henry he is totally besotted and talks of us getting more once we move. He has accepted that if he wants me in his life then he has my dog(s) too, just as I have to accept his 11 year old son when I never, ever wanted children
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Clive wouldn't say it as he knows the answer

He sometimes says that I love Henry more than I love him, or give him more attention than he gets...I just smile and agree

On a serious note though, Clive was not a dog lover when I first met him, and we did have quite a few differences of opinion so a bit of a rocky relationship to start with. However, he grew to love Leon and now we have Henry he is totally besotted and talks of us getting more once we move. He has accepted that if he wants me in his life then he has my dog(s) too, just as I have to accept his 11 year old son when I never, ever wanted children
My OH is very similar, he could take or leave having a dog, but couldn't bear to be without Cookie now, and talks none stop about the animals and dogs he wants in the future. I do think that if we split he wouldn't be bothered again but I hope we never find that out.
I did sort of get the ultimatum of dogs or kids, but as I want lots of dogs and don't want kids that is great for me
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >