Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh how fab is that your son racing motorbikes! Was it you who posted up some pics for us once, I think he's a superbike racer isn't he??!! I remember those pics cos I showed Dave, who's an avid touring car fan but also loves Superbikes. Is he famous at all??? Do you ride tandom!!!! By that I mean, has he ever taken you out on a hair raising ride perched on the back ever???!! My friend's husband took me out once jeeesus Christ, 130 mph with a helmet which was far too big for me and kept turning round so I couldn't see (not that that mattered at all lol!) Great fun! We always watch Superbikes and the other ones, the grand prix racing. What a lot you fit in, good on yer!
I did post some pics a while ago , he is racing at British Superbikes again this year with the same team and testing starts next month so a busy time and he is training like mad to be as fit as possible for the season, I will post a link to the media launch when that happens next month , he doesnt have a road bike , not allowed when he is racing so no hair raising rides on the road but on the back of the paddock scooter at the circuits with him is enough for me as he always tries to wheelie it when I am on the back to scare his mother !
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Horses
Decorating (won't do ceilings any more though)
Rugby Union
Reading

TomtheLurcher - how exciting and terrifying at the same time watching him racing round tracks at high speed. My OH races cars but I never go to watch as it is all too scary and racetracks are not compatible with dogs I'd be really interested to see the link too.
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Digital art (mostly people's pets!)
Crochet and knitting
Gaming
Fitness (I'm a personal trainer so "sadly" I'm forced into being in good shape, ha ha!).
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-01-2013, 07:46 PM
My hobbies are...

...erm, wot's an 'obby?
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Horses
Decorating (won't do ceilings any more though)
Rugby Union
Reading

TomtheLurcher - how exciting and terrifying at the same time watching him racing round tracks at high speed. My OH races cars but I never go to watch as it is all too scary and racetracks are not compatible with dogs I'd be really interested to see the link too.
Terrifying at times for sure but he is living the dream , he is a test rider for one of the factories too so for him its fab , what type of cars does your OH race ?
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2013, 11:07 PM
i am disabled so i love laying on the couch with my 6 chihuahua's watching t.v. especially any law and order. also read a bit and the computer.
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Yoga, swimming, cross-stitch, reading and gardening.

I love yoga but when i tell people that I do it, they all think that it is about sitting cross legged and humming! Sometimes we can barely walk when we come out of a class - depending on what mood the tutor is in.

I swim once a week at least and try to do 66 lengths of a 25 metre pool so I know I've done a mile. WHEN I win the lottery, I want a pool, it has to be 25 metres long but can be half the width of a normal pool, with glass walls and roof so they can retract in the summer and make it open air. I don't want much!
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by kazer View Post
Yoga, swimming, cross-stitch, reading and gardening.

I love yoga but when i tell people that I do it, they all think that it is about sitting cross legged and humming! Sometimes we can barely walk when we come out of a class - depending on what mood the tutor is in.

I swim once a week at least and try to do 66 lengths of a 25 metre pool so I know I've done a mile. WHEN I win the lottery, I want a pool, it has to be 25 metres long but can be half the width of a normal pool, with glass walls and roof so they can retract in the summer and make it open air. I don't want much!
I tried some yoga recently that was allegedly easy and kept nearly falling over! it's defo harder than running!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2013, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=

WHEN I win the lottery, I want a pool, it has to be 25 metres long but can be half the width of a normal pool, with glass walls and roof so they can retract in the summer and make it open air. I don't want much![/QUOTE]

I won the lottery last week a full £10. Won't go far towards a pool though will it.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2013, 05:27 PM
I hardly have time for hobbies lately.

But I like playing squash, writing, reading, science and listening to music. I enjoy cycling and trying to improve my swimming too - I do breast stroke but I've recently taught myself to do a few strokes of front crawl. Walking Loki too, of course.

I used to go running and intend to get back into that too. I like painting but again, it's been hard to find the time.

I like motorbikes but don't have one any more. My OH does though. I was only thinking the other day how I'd like to get another one.

If I can get the time, I have an electric guitar and keyboards which I would love to learn to play - I meant to but never got around to them.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >