Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2011, 06:42 AM

Meat mixers grinders.

Has anyone got one ?

Do you use it ?

How good is it ?

Do you mince grind smalll soft bone in it ?

What is the make please ?

I am looking at so many as I want to mince grind my own meat for the new pup if I can get one. Mincer that is not pup. There is loads of stuff out there saying people use particular makes for this and then other conflicting information from others. It would only be small chicken bones or rabbit with bones not heavy bones. Haven't the room for anything industrial.

There are some good ones in America for this but the shipping is large and if free shipping I am readng about import tax. I have e-mailed one company asking these questions and hoping for some answers. Anyone know if it would be likely to be eligible to import tax if coming from America or Australia ?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 07:11 AM
Any particular reason you want to mince it rather than feed it whole?

Can't find it on Ebay as the link they posted was out of date, but someone on another forum swears by their mincer/grinder which is a "CuisinPro Turbo Force 1800W". Apparently they're also sold as the "STX Turbo Force" - different sticker on the machine but everything else identical apparently.
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-10-2011, 07:21 AM
This is the one I have and have used for over 8 years now.
http://www.northerntooluk.com/food-p...&search=SEARCH

It does say for occasional use plus not suitable for grinding bones but I have had no problems with it.For small chicken bones,carcass etc it copes no problem.The only thing it seems to find hard to grind are hare's back legs which are much larger than a rabbit.It does have a reverse button so if a blockage does occur it is easy enough to resolve.
When I was looking for one I found most of them stated unsuitable for grinding bones [which also included the industrial ones] so I think this is just to cover the manufacturers specified usage.
What I tend to do is mince about 30LB at a time then freeze in individual 1LB bags.
As it get given quite a bit of local hare etc the mincer has paid for itself with what I have saved on dog food....Cheers..Ian.
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post

Can't find it on Ebay as the link they posted was out of date, but someone on another forum swears by their mincer/grinder which is a "CuisinPro Turbo Force 1800W". Apparently they're also sold as the "STX Turbo Force" - different sticker on the machine but everything else identical apparently.
I do remember looking at that meat grinder myself as that is really powerfull.Most industrial grinders are not that powerfull.I decided it was a bit of an overkill for what I wanted and I could'nt find it available anywhere in the UK.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2011, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post

I will be feeding minces and whole wings and necks but if possible I want to buy organic for minces and wings etc., so to mince the organic I will need a strong mincer grinder. Thank you for the recommendation.

Originally Posted by IanIOW View Post

It does say for occasional use plus not suitable for grinding bones but I have had no problems with it.For small chicken bones,carcass etc it copes no problem.The only thing it seems to find hard to grind are hare's back legs which are much larger than a rabbit.It does have a reverse button so if a blockage does occur it is easy enough to resolve.
When I was looking for one I found most of them stated unsuitable for grinding bones [which also included the industrial ones] so I think this is just to cover the manufacturers specified usage.
What I tend to do is mince about 30LB at a time then freeze in individual 1LB bags.
As it get given quite a bit of local hare etc the mincer has paid for itself with what I have saved on dog food....Cheers..Ian.
Thank you Ian see thats the one I keep going back too and like you say it does say not suitable but so many people say when you research this is the one they use. It seems like you say they all say this but so many people who barf feed use this particular machine or something similar.
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Hi Lynn, I do know quite a view people myself that also use the one I have.Just a liitle tip that you might find helpfull is to buy yourself a 10" length wooden hammer handle and use this to push any meat down the opening as I found this a lot better than the plastic moulded one supplied with the grinder....Cheers..Ian.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Hi Lynn, I do know quite a view people myself that also use the one I have.Just a liitle tip that you might find helpfull is to buy yourself a 10" length wooden hammer handle and use this to push any meat down the opening as I found this a lot better than the plastic moulded one supplied with the grinder....Cheers..Ian.
Thankyou for the tip. I will do that. I will be ordering the Northern Tools mincer/grinder possibly today or tomorrow.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Oooh I would love one of those! I could make my own sausages!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 11:53 AM
I cant believe this thread is here because i've been considering buying a mincer myself, but one of those manual ones which grips onto a bench or something.
Trouble is my dogs dont really like to eat game birds whole so I thought if I minced them they might prefer that. Not sure if i'd fit a whole pigeon in the opening though, or if a mincer would take a whole bird.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I cant believe this thread is here because i've been considering buying a mincer myself, but one of those manual ones which grips onto a bench or something.
Trouble is my dogs dont really like to eat game birds whole so I thought if I minced them they might prefer that. Not sure if i'd fit a whole pigeon in the opening though, or if a mincer would take a whole bird.
Could you not portion it prior to mincing with a strong butchers knife/poultry shears?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >