register for free

Dog News

Do not walk your dog here!

...has received 117 comments (page 5)
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Maybe this is, after all, the right place to be on the News Section?

Yes, it started about dogs and this is, after all, the News Section of Dogsey, but Dogsey members do have strong feelings and what started off as some places where some people did not want dogs walked there - for whatever reason - has turned into - into I do not know what.

How and what Dogsey members think of current life in the UK?

Maybe this was not the right place to discuss it but it was reported in a UK newspaper, therefore I posted it here in the Dogsey News Section.

I apologise if I offended anyone by having posted it as news, when I thought it was news.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

31-05-2014, 05:28 PM
How on earth would you know what kind of response you would get, sometimes no one at all responds to news items and other times you get several pages. It's news.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2014, 05:37 PM
I have got to say that it is not you Malka, nor the news item, that has offended me but the naive people we have on Dogsey.
This is a Christian country and our laws and views should be honoured. No ifs or buts. The same as if we went to a Muslim country.We would not be allowed to drink alcohol or wear bikinis, so why do we put up with such rubbish from immigrants who abuse our laws and beliefs.
We may not "own" our country but it is our country that we love, respect and want to protect. It is our culture, we do not want it diluted.
People who do not live in this country cannot pass opinions on what is happening here or on how our country is changing, changes we do not want.
We do not want the melting pot the America has become.
lorniec
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Malka, you do not need to apologize I just meant that it is quite easy for things to take a bad turn
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2014, 06:42 PM
America is a heck of a lot more difficult to get into for either immigrants or refugees. Even a WASP can't get in unless they have the required qualifications.
Thanks to our politicians our country has become the dumping ground of Europe and beyond. The doors should have been shut and locked with entry limited to those filling a very specific criteria, just like Australia and America are.
I think it is beyond belief that we take these people in, they are quite happy to take money from us, from a system we have paid into, accept free medical care, education, house themselves in places with astronomical rents, which again we have to pay for, and then have the audacity to start off No Go Areas, preach in public against our country, murder our citizens on their way to work and undermine our election processes.If they are that unhappy here, I say it again, GO!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Anyone could have placed the notice & it's highly likely that it is racially motivated by people like the BNP or EDL.

I am not shocked by members reactions, but I am saddened. We live in a multiracial & multifaith country. There are so many factions of "Christianity" now & some are barely recognizable as Christian.

I always Christians were meant to be "ultra" compassionate, forgiving & understanding-obviously not.

The US & Australia do not allow admittance on faith/racial grounds no matter what people may believe

This country was founded by immigrants, the original Britons were mixed nomads who came over from what is now mainland Europe. They lived in diverse groups & areas & were not the Celts nor the Gaels. They fought for land etc among themselves.

Very few(if any)of the current population of this country can trace their ancestry back to purely these people & DNA has shown that we have genes in common with many mainland European races as well further afield

Personally I have little "British" ancestry, yet to most people I appear to be typically British & ergo "Christian" which I am certainly NOT :-O
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Well. Whoever wrote that sign certainly achieved exactly what they wanted to.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2014, 07:43 PM
We do not want the melting pot the America has become.
Oh, wow. I think I'll sign out of this conversation entirely after seeing that. That is completely terrible IMO, and I have nothing further to add to this conversation after reading that.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2014, 07:59 PM
But Moyra, it is.
Britain is well on the way and my opinion is that it should be stopped now.
You tell us that you are in a minority but aren't you proud of your heritage? You should be and should be trying to nurture it.
This whole thing is a bad subject to discuss on a forum where conversations are disjointed and so like you I am bowing out now
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

31-05-2014, 08:07 PM
What have I done?

I thought it was a legitimate news story which is why I posted it.

I had/have no idea who put up those posters.

But the story was posted by me in good faith, thinking that it was a legitimate story, which deserved to be on the Dogsey News Section.

Once again I apologise if I was incorrect, and I apologise if I unwittingly offended anyone.

Mei culpa
Page 5 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top