register for free

Dog News

Do not walk your dog here!

...has received 117 comments (page 2)
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-05-2014, 09:54 PM
TW - Remember that plenty of British and American people have gone to other countries imposing their ways of life and laws etc. onto them. Many massacres have been done
by western people.
It's a human thing, not a muslim thing.

I see your point about not integrating. But also, try and consider that perhaps they don't necessarily want to live here but have no other choice, as they're persecuted in their own country if it's plagued by civil/international war.
You'd want to go live somewhere else if your own people were kidnapping your kids and turning them into soldiers, raping your family and killing anyone opposed to their views.
It's easy to say 'go back where you came from' when you are comfortable in your home country.
The 'western vs islam' war is fuelled by stuff like this, people stirring emotions by hanging up posters like that.
It's only a tiny percentage of muslims that are actually extremists with those views, but they're growing in numbers because of the hostility shown by westerners.
On the other hand, it's only a small percentage of brits who are right wing extremists and true islam-haters, but they're also growing in numbers because of the threat perceived from islamic extremists.
It's a vicious circle that can only be broken with mutual respect and honesty.
lorniec
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-05-2014, 09:55 PM
Myra, it is actually a fact that Muslims are not encouraged to come into contact with dogs as they are considered unclean, my Turkish Muslim friend explained this to me. Also just a couple weeks ago a cab company would not take me to work because I had a dog and the drivers were Muslim. I personally have had many recoil from my puppy. I do not take this personally as hard as it is. I agree a whole religion should not be put together , however there are towns in the UK such as east London, bradford and Luton where groups attempt to impose sharia law on the streets by picketing off licences, heckling women who are not covered up this I have seen with my own eyes. You may not be aware of details not being in the UK . But generally the UK IS a tolerant nation which is why extreme behaviour of any kind is upsetting.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-05-2014, 07:20 AM
Some of you clearly have no clue as to how much of a Ghetto parts of Tower Hamlets has become. I don't care who put the sign up it's irrelevant. The recent elections in Tower Hamlets were a farce and being investigated due to people who can't even speak English being told who to vote for. I have no issue with Immigrants generally but do feel that not only should they all have a basic knowledge of the language they should also try to integrate with the indigenous population and not try to recreate their homeland.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2014, 09:14 AM
If anyone else but Muslims were picketing off licenses then it would be racism, somehow they are above the laws we have to obey on pain of being dragged into Court.
We have been led, sleep walking, into this. I have nothing but sympathy for genuine refugees, like us they are used to running water, electricity and a comfortable lifestyle and to have to flee your country to the unknown is truly terrifying.
When they do get here though they should at least learn the language and show some appreciation for the country that took them in, rather than trying to impose archaic customs of a bygone time on the country that is several thousand years away from that.
In the Koran, the dog is the guardian, so how come it is now portrayed as the Devil in so many minds.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2014, 10:17 AM
I don't believe it is necessarily Muslim religion causes this many Muslims come from cultural areas where dogs carry diseases that make them thought of as unclean. If you think you might get rabies from your neighbours dog you won't want to have it near you.

I have Muslims in my extended and close family they all love dogs and several own them. They would be horrified at being thought of in this way. But the difference between them and these people is where they were born and the CULTURE they were brought up in. Not the religion they follow.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

31-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Julie a huge proportion of the Muslims in Tower Hamlets are British born and bred. The sign was in English and stated quite clearly "This is an Islamic area now". I thought it was part of London and comes under British law but you wouldn't know it. The local council seems to behave as though it's an outpost of Bangladesh.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2014, 10:43 AM
Yes the British born and bred ones seem to be the most enthusiastic proponents of Sharia Law, and also seem to be the ones most willing to force their ways on the British people, go on Jihad's, and refuse a proper education for their female daughters and siblings. The amount of young girls not returning to school after the summer term at around age 15 is kept hidden, all of them taken off to a different country on the pretext of a holiday, then married off to a close relative.
They too were born in Britain, but no one seems to care.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

31-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Julie - it has nothing to do with Muslims considering dogs being dirty because they come from cultural areas where dogs carry diseases that make them thought of as unclean.

The explanation here

http://www.islamicconcern.com/dogs.asp

explains a bit.

I am an Orthodox Jew although, by using my computer on the Sabbath, I am doing wrong. But that is my problem and I accept it.

I also have a dog who lives in the house, and certain ultra-Orthodox Jews say that if you have a dog in the house, the Massiach [Messiah] will not come.

My answer is that I always thought that when the Massiach came he would be on a donkey, not a dog.

But that is immaterial. The majority of Jews do not think that dogs are dirty. But living in the Middle East, where I do, I know for sure that the majority of Muslims think that dogs are dirty. Disease ridden dirty animals.

And I am quite sure that there are more than a few Muslims in the UK who do, indeed, believe in Sharia Law.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

31-05-2014, 11:08 AM
It's not just the dogs they think are filthy either, there have been numerous anti gay campaigns and attacks, they have been recorded on film in the council chambers making derogatory remarks about gay councilors, female councilors and people of other faiths. Yet nothing happens. They mount campaigns to make it compulsory for girls to have their heads covered in school. I have no issue with any girl choosing to cover their head but it should be their choice, we allegedly live in a free country.
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top