Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 04:58 PM

I think Ella's got limber tail..

Yesterday when I was at work she went out on a really long walk with my boyfriend. He kind of lost track of time but must have been out there for about 2 hours, climbing up a steep forest side. It was also raining quite a lot. When I came home he said she'd been a bit weird, having a compulsive shiver for a few times running up and down her body.

She had a lot of trouble settling and her back was a bit arched, and she kept turning in her bed.

This morning I noticed her tail was weirdly bent. It's usually very staffie like, but today it was arched at the base and then bent down into a little 'pigs tail'.
She seemed happy enough but her tail didn't move, you could see her bum 'wagging' but her tail was still.
She's also not sitting straight as usual. The base of her tail is a bit swollen too.

So all day I was fretting as I was at work and she was home alone and I only had our dogwalker pop in to take her out quickly.
But when I came home from work today my boyfriend had been on a little walk with her and she seemed a lot better. Tail's still a bit strange but it's moving again and she looks a lot happier. The base is still a bit swollen but she's moving almost normally now, except the tail is still arched and slightly bent.

I'm pretty sure this is limber tail, due to overexercising and being wet.. But I can't help being worried.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Apparently warm pack at base of tail helps and rest.