Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sally.ann
New Member!
Female 

07-05-2013, 09:38 PM

H

Hi,I have just registered with dogsey,i have an american staff she is 7 years old and has been suffering for the last couple of years with very itchy skin,i have had her on predisone for ovr a year now on 30mg per day,and she has put on loads of weight and her breathing is not so good and is very lethergic.can anyone suggest any other anthistamine i could give her,as was tol long term predisone not good for them.many thanks
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2013, 09:44 PM

Hi, my staffie Tonks has allergies to dust and storage mites and maybe chicken. She is on Atopica which controls a lot of the itching and then she has a very low dose of Medrone (a type of steroid) every other day and some antihistamines (but I can't remember the name at the moment sorry). As her itching is under control now we are reducing the steroids and antihistamines.

Do you have any ideas what they are allergic to?
sally.ann
New Member!
Female 

07-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Hi,Thanks for your message,i have tried every remedy like oatmeal to bath her in sprayed her in apple vinegar changed her diet and nothing helped,so vet her on predisone,but not happy her being on it for so long,so if you remember the name of anthisitamines you use please let me know,and cannot find out what she is allergic to.